THE NFL 2017 Season

Congratulations Vikings!

Wow, talk about the most boneheaded play of the season. All he had to do was NOT miss the receiver on a ridiculous attempt at a big hit for no reason.

Yep. That was the definition of one of those “know the moment that you are in” situations.

Literally the final play of the game (with maybe a chance at a field goal if he is knocked out of bounds), and he tries to blow him up rather than tackle him. I mean, he clearly wasn’t even keeping eye contact to know where he was. He was so keen on the big undercut that he didn’t keep his eyes on the guy.

Again, it’s not like that doesn’t happen, but literally, it’s the last play. Can you literally not keep “make sure they don’t possibly get by me” in your head?

That was the best game of the weekend. The Vikes dominated the first half and the Saints looked like toast but man was the 2nd half a different story! 4 lead changes in the final three minutes and it took a 61 yd td as time expired for the Vikes to win. I know one saints player who will have nightmares for the rest of his life.

And he even managed to take out the only Saint that might have had a tiny chance of stopping Diggs too. How awful for the Saints, and me because I had almost all Saints in a rotoplayoff league. Bleh. Stupid rookie mistake.

Never give Case Keenum 25 seconds to work with.

I’m happy to see so many teams that haven’t won a Superbowl in the hunt. So I’d be fine with either NFC team or the Jags winning it all. Of course, that means it’s going to be the Patriots.

That wasn’t very Vikings at all. I’m very confused.

That’s what I noticed. He closed his eyes, ducked Diggs, and took out his own man. They should run him out of town. Or trade him for a bag of balls. You cannot possibly blow it bigger than Williams did.*

*There are probably worse ways, but that has to be in the top five.

Reddit suggested “the whiff 6” as the name for what just happened.

I can digg it.

In his still frame from video, you see Williams, the defender, manages to neatly thread himself between Diggs’s scissored legs, thus missing him entirely. Unreal.

Edit: Actually from this angle you can see him simply ducked left of Diggs. Perhaps try to keep Diggs from moving out of bounds.

Unreal nonetheless.

Heard some dude on the radio saying the Saints coaches told their DBs to be paranoid about getting DPI called and that’s why the rookie who whiffed did so with such gusto.

2015 St. Louis Rams QBs Foles and Keenum. Weird how things work out.

That seems like an utterly ridiculous explanation though. Avoid DPI by simply missing the guy entirely? Doesn’t that make the game fairly easy for the offense?

He clearly got himself goofed up trying to big hit undercut him. I’m not sure how dropping your head and moving like you’re trying to cut out his legs (but missing entirely) is “avoiding DPI”.

The coach guy in the Fox roundtable after the game said that during the timeout he would have also told his players the same thing: Don’t get a penalty. So when he was running toward him, and he felt like he mistimed his run, he thought he was going to run into Diggs before Diggs caught the ball, so to avoid the penalty, he ducked out of the way to avoid the penalty.

With the exception of the game in Foxborough, the games have certainly delivered entertainment this weekend. Which I expected from the NFC games, but Jacksonville actually having an offense was a nice surprise after what they looked like on Wild Card weekend.

He was really clueless. After the game, he said he had to go for the ball. No, all he had to do was let Diggs make the catch then tackle him or wrestle him out of bounds.

Just once, I would revel in a victory over a Patriots team that made mistakes and had crappy play during a fucking superbowl. Just once. The last time that happened was by an NFC East team, perhaps the Eagles could do it?

That being said, I’m partial to the Vikings over the Eagles, but I guess we will see what happens.