THE NFL 2017 Season

I’d comment here but the football gods are watching.

E: yup.

They heard you. :(

Good fucking Christ.

For their sake, I hope they do, because the alternative isn’t pretty. If he isn’t the guy, who is going to be? He’s the best qb the franchise has ever had outside Brunell. Again, doesn’t have to be a pro-bowler, they just need a little more consistency than they got today. Frankly, I thought they called too many routes that took too long to develop late in the game, and that’s not on him. They are going to win primarily with defense, not offense. Think 85 bears or 13 Seahawks, etc.

Eagles doing very well going into halftime. :)

As a long time Philadelphia fan, I can never feel safe with any lead. I hate that!

I really want revenge for spygate.

The Patriots broke an 11 month Super Bowl drought today. Good job boys, you made use proud.

This is just a brutal beat down, ouch. I think you can relax now @DaveLong

If the Eagles lose, and those bastards win yet another super bowl, I will never forgive you.

I didn’t think Blake Bortles could beat Bill Belichick, but I was starting to wonder. I guess we have to give Nick Foles a chance.

The whole notion that the Vikings had a decided advantage over the Eagles was ridiculous. Unlike Keenum, Foles actually,the had a history of being a decent QB. And it’s not like Wentz was single-handedly carrying an otherwise talentless team.

I’m not saying the Eagles were clearly superior, just that the people who believed the Vikings would walk into Philadelphia and easily dominate were not thinking very clearly.

At the least the game should’ve been a pick em. Knowing dome teams had never won on the road in the playoffs was a total tip off on the result though. I never expected this sort of win even though they won like that a LOT this season, but I did feel like today was going to be an Eagles day.

The fans here really are great. It’s not a college town so the pro sports get all that love that an Alabama or Georgia would get in their towns. And Jeff Lurie is a cool owner. The Green powered stadium. All the community support. It’s great.

Jeez… Zimmer wouldn’t talk to Fox? Seriously? Sore loser. Wow.

https://twitter.com/alyssakeiko/status/955281006369673216

haha, who is responsible for those pockets of red in Texas and, uh, is that D.C?

Oh man that Eagles performance. Still buzzing. Only had 4 hours sleep but it was worth it!

https://twitter.com/djhomicide/status/955273413630685184

I’m guessing those red spots are Dallas and Washington, mortal enemies of the Eagles.

I don’t hate the Patriots, I actually respect what they’ve been able to do combining a great QB with one of the best coaches of all time and an ownership/front office that works together with them to build a successful team year after year, often using other teams cast-off pieces. That said, the Eagles fans have won me over with their dog masks and crazy antics, so I’ll be rooting for the underdogs in two weeks.

Fly Eagles Fly.

I am disappointed that we won’t see a Vikings home Super Bowl though. I was really hoping that would happen, and that somehow the Vikings would beat New England, and then the outcry over Super Bowl home field advantage would force the NFL to declare all future Super Bowls to be played in Cleveland so that there could be ZERO possibility of a team ever having Super Bowl home field advantage again.

I really love watching the Patriots play. They’re a really fun team to root against. And that wouldn’t be the case if they didn’t win so often. If you enjoy rooting for the underdog, like I do, Patriots is a dream team because nearly every team is an underdog against them.

I’m really going to miss Brady and Bellichek when they finally retire. I’ve only been really following football since 2006, so all my 12 years as a football fan have been filled with this pair providing me someone to root against, and that has given me a lot of pleasure over the years. I highly respect the pair and I hope they stay in football and keep winning together for years to come.