The NFL 2018 Season

I’d buy it as a random egg game, except this was one where they were challenged to display that they had become a team with character. And then provided mental lapses and poor execution in all phases. It wasn’t a talent issue. It was a lack of character.

Exactly. I mean, I get the “play to win” mentality…but at 4th and 4 from your own side of the field with 26 seconds left, the odds are stacked against you. An INT or a fumble could lose the game. An incomplete pass or not getting the yardage could easily hand the game to the other team on a long FG even if they can’t advance the ball. Football calculus says going into the locker room 1-3 has a much more negative effect on team morale and momentum than going in 1-2-1. And then, thinking ahead, just missing out on a wildcard spot because you went 9-7 versus 9-6-1…

See, you guys are hanging tough.

KC is having a subpar night, but they showed up.

The players show up, it’s the coaching staff that was outmatched last season, and against the Ravens last week. Maybe that happens less this year.

And maybe I’m a Chinese jet pilot.

Simmer down, Colonel Li.

Mahomes is the real deal.

Looking pretty dashing there, @cannedwombat. Or should I say, Colonel?

Well, it’s not my day job.

Welp. Closer than it should have been. If Mahomes doesn’t have the yips in the first half, they win easy.

But you see what I mean by the coaching staff? Uninspired, no adjustments. I miss Kubes and Wade.

You are NOT Colonel Li.

I am who I thought I was.

But are they who we thought they were?

I’ve only seen him play a little bit, but the guy has a cannon for an arm. He’s the closest thing to Elway since Elway in terms of arm strength. Ok, Michael Vick had a heckuva an arm too.

Dennis Green is getting cliche.

Hey, Jim is talking about the Dolphins, not the Broncos!!! Stay on topic, Jim!

Mora was a cliche before Green.

Anywho. Glad to see the Browns and the Bears are relevant again, and the Rams reincarnating the Greatest Show on Turf. Gonna be a fun season.

It was pretty exciting to see a Chiefs game where they were so many 3rd and longs that were going to decide the game for Denver if the Chiefs didn’t make it. And they made it every single time. I’m not used to this kind of long odds type of victory. Very exciting, but it feels … like there was too much luck involved that went our way. A lot of that wasn’t luck though. It was Mahones, Kelce, Hill and others. Kudos. I wonder if they can do this in the playoffs too?

Plenty of offense to get to the playoffs, but they’ll have to play much better on defense to make through the playoffs. And there’s the Reid factor.

I hope they make it this year, god knows they’re due.

They look really good. Mahomes is the real deal.

I’m guessing Mahome’s QBR throwing lefty has nowhere to go but down. :)

Also, is Mahomes…

Related to this guy…

or this guy?

Did anyone else notice that on that last TD drive, on one of his passes – I think it was his last completion – on his drop back, Mahomes actually skipped backwards?