The NFL 2018 Season

The Curse of the Early Off Week. Or the orange unis.

Hold on, how did Brock Osweiler get on the Dolphins?

Well, of all the 2017 Bonco’s QBs, he was “best”.

Competed for the backup gig in the off season. Had a leg up because he is familiar with Gase’s system (Denver time with Gase backing up Manning).

Holy shit, Frank Gore is going to end up being the all time leading rusher, isn’t he?

So I didn’t want to turn this into the Fins hread, but I’ll post here what I’ve been PMIng with Wombat:

I actually am coming to the conclusion that the O has talent and Gase’s scheme and adjustments are good. The issue has been the dude under center. It would really explain a lot.
Osweiler wasn’t asked to be a superstar. Just run the offense. The damning conclusion for Tannehill?

I don’t think they win the game with him at QB. And I have never seen him go through progressions as well as Osweiler.

So we know Brock isn’t a superstar.

So that must mean the scheme and talent are good right? So if they looked inept for two straight weeks and the QB had abysmal numbers…

And again, today’s performance was against the NFL’s TOP Defense.

All the Above = Bye Bye Tannehill in 2019, maybe this year too.

This KC/New England game looked like a blowout early, but KC just tied it up with 3 minutes left on a wide-open Tyreek Hill.

Hill has some jets. Now to see if KC can stop New England.

Well this has been entertaining.

Defense optional.

Just like the NFL wants.

That’s when I knew they’d lost. They had over 3 minutes to get down the field, and they did the long pass to Hill and scored right away, giving NE over 3 minutes to come back for a field goal. Sheesh. I mean, I know that at some point you just have to score and hope your defense can make a stop, but come on, this NE in the 4th quarter. I wish KC could manage the clock better at the end of games.

These high offense games are getting strangely boring to me.

It’s starting to feel like why watch? There will just be another big pass play for a touchdown (or short punch in) on the next drive.

I know that’s an over exageration, but sometimes, it’s okay to not have a game with a score in the last two minutes followed by a quick drive and winning score in the last 30 seconds.

Agree. This was the a very boring “tight game” for me. There was some ball control chess earlier.

What was uninteresting was NE’s final drive, in which KC decided to cover no one. It wasn’t like Brady had to throw into tight windows or receivers made catches in a crowd. It was just throw and catch and run.

You can’t blame them for connecting on a pass over the middle that goes all the way. That was just poor defense on NE’s part that let Hill take it in.

We hope you’ve enjoyed this preview of the Chiefs AFC title game. Please remember to tip the staff before leaving.

I’m hoping the Chiefs have home field advantage this year. That could make enough of a difference to tip things the other way.

Hope. Hope is a dangerous thing. It can drive a man insane.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19bjxml1wlbligif/ku-xlarge.gif

https://aminoapps.com/c/sportscentral/page/blog/andy-reid-history-of-choking/V0YJ_YMru7u55qvqx56gejRZXRR0knqeVd

Maybe they should remember to cover Gronk in the 4th quarter next time. Damn it.