The NFL 2018 Season

I feel like there is little question of this myself.

Like if you hate fans because their team wins, then sure. Hate the Packers fans. But when you compare Packers fans to, say, Eagles fans, well, Packers fans are just nicer and less douchey by far. (Same could be said with respect to Pats fans, Cowboys fans, etc. There’s a lot of cruddy fan bases out there, the sort of “you’re going to get physically assaulted if you wear the other team’s jersey in their stadium” level assholishness.)

I hate them because the bastards had the audacity to go from one HoF quarterback to another HoF quarterback with zero transition or QB searching between.

Also, yes, on the pure asshole scale it’s hard to top the city of brotherly shove. Or Boston.

My worst experiences are with Raider fans. Back when I used to live in CA I remember there was an article in the paper and employees working at Anaheim stadium were interviewed. They said without question that the Raider fans were more likely to be unruly, start fights, vandalize, etc. than other fans.

I was actually going to include them, but thought the list got too long.

It’s interesting. There are often discussions about the most passionate fans, toughest cities. Cities that are “gritty.” Romantic notions that the people fight easily, are tempestuous, etc. Those things often seem to be code words for “assholes live there.”

Well in the case of the Raiders the fans lived all over, not just in LA or Oakland. I think in this case it was more the element the team’s image attracted.

I love the Browns. Endlessly entertaining.

Saw this on reddit:

Which is easier to rebuild: Baghdad or the Cleveland Browns?

I am looking forward to being brothers with @CraigM again three and a half hours from now. But man, it feels like the division is on the line tonight.

I said it earlier, but I genuinely believe that unless Minnesota wins both games against the Bears, they won’t win the division.

Well if we keep fumbling in opposing territory we ain’t winning shit, that’s for sure.

Boy, I really wish I hadn’t seen that Alex Smith injury.

I hope Smith goes to Washington and reminds people of Theismann!

That’s not what I meant.

Loss of my Skins QB today, with horrible flashbacks to Theismann. What the fuck, man. This sucks.

0-14 into halftime feels like a good time to go to bed. I hate you, Craig, and I hope your guys stub all their toes.

14-22 Chicago field goal attempt that should guarantee the win.

Yep. 25-14 Chicago. Time to go to sleep.

Alex Smith has been my guy since his college days. That was really hard to watch. :(

So tonight was a good one for the Bears. It doesn’t win the division outright but it does put them on good footing.

The best case for the Vikes is 11 wins. And with a home game against the Packers and Bears, and road games in New England and Seattle, I don’t see that. 4-2 seems a best case scenario. 2-4 is not out of the question.

The Bears have a tough road game in Minnesota the last week, and home games against the Rams and Packers. If the Rams were a road game, I’d call it a loss, but at home? Maybe…

Point being I think the Bears can go 3-3 and still win the division. 4-2 guarantees it, and 5-1 is an unlikely, but not impossible, statement.

The Bears did not win the division tonight. But the odds are certainly in their favor.

That division, like the NFC East, is still up in the air. I’m still pulling for the Vikes but its totally undetermined at this point.

Yeah, I think this win helps the Seahawks, since the bears own the tiebreaker. Better for the wildcard race to have Chicago win the division.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. One of the reasons I really like John Dorsey is that, after this season, the pundits finally will have to find a different team to dump on.