The North Korea Thread

Trump is worse than I feared with nuclear threats during the election. Terrifying.

Please Mattis take his phone away.

My newspapers are full of this everyday, how many in this forum is ready to die to see Kim destroyed?
I’m pretty sure any stupid accident might trigger this now.

I want out of nato…bad

I know you’re probably just trying to win an Oscar and all, but remember that you never go all-in.

I got no clue what your talking about sorry.

You have an aggressive Russia nearby. Russian intelligence meddles with the US election in order to get this buffoon elected, in an attempt to destabilize the West. Seems like an awfully bad time to get out of NATO.

Well, that’s an argument I can discuss atleast, winning an oscar just seems like some other debate.

We should REALLY start reading up on how WW 1 started, cause that clusterfuck is our future if we’re not careful.

Nato is too big and way past its mandate.

Are you high or on Putin’s payroll? RUSSIA JUST INVADED UKRAINE. NATO is more important now than it’s been since the end of the cold war.

Also, @KevinC’s reference - Tropic Thunder.

Ukraine is not part of NATO mandate, nor is the conflict there what the coalition is ment to protect against…

Nato today is bloated, got its toes in so many minor conflicts, and we have some dubious partners…this smells like ww 1 all over again if were not careful.

Russia is of little threat against NATO right now, they are outnumbered and outgunned so much its not even a fight…

So it’s like WW1 except without the two opposed blocs of alliances that would fight each other?

How is it like WW1 again?

You’re thinking wrong, forget the participants, remember what sparked the war…how a single act set in motion a HUGE number of events, because of the automatic features that such alliances involve.

As the numbers grow, the more chances for this…eventually you WILL find a spark, and NATO got some shady members and wannabe members, Ukraine being one.

So, Russia won’t do anything, because they are outnumbered…

But you want out of NATO, so that you aren’t obligated to defend anyone who Russia attacks.

Seems likely a plan, dude.

Worst case scenarios aren’t always a sane choice or a sane option, the world is a bit more complex that this eh?

Russia is stretched thin, they have been mostly trying to hold on to what they got recently… I doubt they will add new countries they never had much to do with on their list…

I don’t know what the future brings as much as anyone else, but I see a much larger chance of accidents triggering massive reponses than ever some stupid invasion, particularly in a world were we got nukes everywhere…

NATOs mandate is to prevent wars in Europe… which has been mainly successful BY HAVING EVERYONE IN NATO.
So by God, yes, NATO is relevant, and will continue to be relevant for the rest of this century.

Yeah, let’s leave all those smaller countries to fend for themselves.

List of countries smaller militarily than Russia:
Everyone except, the US, China and India.

So it’s cool if Russia say, takes over Poland. And then maybe Germany. And then maybe the Balkans. And Italy.

See how well that is working out, when NATO adds Georgia to the mix, a nation with HUGE outstanding internal problems…that has warranted intervention from Russia…
Or did you see that Russian plane Turkey shot down? Feel safe yet, heard about the shot in Sarajevo?

I’m not entirely sure we’re keeping any peace, and last I checked the EU was doing the job your saying NATO does.

The EU has never done anything militarily. Probably because they’re all in fucking NATO.

Also saying Georgia “warranted” Russian invasion? Seriously? WTF dude?

Who else warrants invasion? I hear Poland isn’t perfect, I guess Russia will have to intervene. Also Germany is questionable and don’t get us started on Spain and Italy.

EU sole purpose was to prevent further wars too, I guess one just can’t have enough of a good thing then.

Also, forget about thinking who is right or wrong, unresolved is unresolved…what do YOU get out of putting your life on the line for Georgia?

The same thing we got for putting on the line for France and West Germany.

no, your not. You’re doing it for causes you barely understand, or minor conflicts that get big cause the big players won’t back down…

But by all means.