The Opposition Thread

We should all be so lucky in our golden years.

The weed dealers in my neighborhood are gonna be thrilled.

Oh and if anyone wants to watch Chuck Grassley:

My local… whatever they are. Not even a tv station, basically the guys that handle the city council meetings and the like. Guy I went to high school with runs the show. The audio is pretty crappy for the most part.

Grassley won this county roughly 2:1. Trump was around 4:3.

So now he’s trying to use the FBI directly to hurt his opponents. He asked them to discredit the reporters saying he has ties to Russia. How they’d achieve this is … not detailed. The FBI director Comey, the same one who sunk Clinton with unfounded rumors of wrongdoings has … actually done something right. Expect him to be fired too.

Resist!

Expect a run on the marijuana gummy bears in the next few days as people stock up.

LOL!
“Nothing to see here, Officer. Only this big bale of weed. Move along.”

It’s all about smuggling efficiencies of scale.

This is really good. Not going to quote anything from it, read the whole thing.

We started a letter-writing table at one of the cafes on our campus. Here’s a poster for it!

pound-sign-resist

And yeah, @MrGrumpy, that article is great. Thank you for sharing it.

Oh man, it really is. Thanks for sharing. I’m so there.

@Dave_Perkins that’s awesome, nice work.

I went to a town hall meeting today. The opposition thread seemed like an appropriate place to post this, since the crowd was definitely not in agreement with much of what was being said. And it was a good-sized crowd, well over 200 people and more turned away when room ran out.

Props where due - Amash handled the dissent politely and professionally, as he always does. Not to mention that he deserves praise simply for scheduling these town hall meetings and showing up, unlike a lot of politicians.

If you’d like a brief glimpse of an alternate and brighter timeline, you’re not gonna get much better than this:

http://www.hillarybeattrump.org/

This is pretty awesome.

I realize now the justification why i maintain a landline is to save America (through polling). Received a CNN poll and a Texas Teachers Union poll just today while hammering work on the computer. It’s also not just a landline but an old school copper Bell line, not even one of those digital through cable phones.

Why is it that article isn’t from CNN, nor can I find anything about it on CNN?

The CNN article is linked in that article.

[Quote]Many people sympathetic to Spicer in and out of the White House believe otherwise. Five of these sources think the person behind the leaks is Kellyanne Conway, Trump’s ever-visible White House counselor. Though they offer no hard evidence, they say Conway is trying to offload blame for administration setbacks on Spicer to prove she is the more effective public advocate and earn a lasting place in the President’s inner circle.[/quote]http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/15/politics/sean-spicer-white-house/index.html

Ah, ok, I made the mistake of assuming this was new. That article is from 2/15.