The Opposition Thread

If by “apeshit” you mean Trump will blame Schwarzenegger for failing and causing the show to lose ratings, sure.

No I mean literal apeshit. I’m expecting fecal matter flung at everyone in the room.

My thought exactly.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-pence-formerveep

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doesn’t he have …you know… better things to do?

Somebody check on the frog. I think the water is starting to boil.

unlikely true, but still zeitgeisty

First one should be easy to check. But the fact is any use of Wifi is bad if you’re at the top level of government. It’s just not that secure.

I hate these anonymous accounts. There’s plenty of incredibly horrible things in plain site. No need to rely on unverified claims.

Too political to share in the “I hate this guy” thread in the Games forum but if we had one here in P&R this would fit nicely.

Tony Blair had an interesting OP Ed in the NY Times

LONDON — Outrage is easy; strategy is hard. Outrage provides necessary motivation. But only strategy can deliver victory.

The emotional response to the rightist populism sweeping the West is one of protest and dismay. But if there is to be an effective fightback, there has to be a cool analysis of what is happening, why and what can be done.

I’m guessing it won’t be nearly radical enough for here.

If ever there were a liberal “cuck,” it would be Tony Blair.

It is heartwarming to see the open-mindness and tolerance of diverse viewpoints of liberals.

It’s just that most of us are fucking sick of people telling us we need to be responsible and level headed when that got us beaten by a bunch of slobbering, racist idiots. Fuck them, we can fight back just fine without continuing to do something that didn’t and doesn’t work. 2009-2010 is evidence that the strategy does nothing effectively.

Tony Blair was an abject pawn of George W. Bush. He sold out his country’s foreign policy and committed to war on the basis of a lie, and when it was demonstrated to him that he had done all this under American false pretenses he declined to change direction. And he did this as the leader of the supposed party of the left, too. Blair doesn’t deserve any credit or forgiveness for his career.

I have a great idea. I think next time they go low, we need to go high.

The swan song of a failed strategy. Turns out it doesn’t matter how fake and stupid something sounds, people will still notch a little negative tick next to someone if you keep repeating something again and again. Going negative works.

Funny how one of the 2 Trump supporters is saying we should listen to Tony Blair.

Tony Blair and his ilk are only interested in keeping their investments stable. That means don’t resist too much, the market doesn’t like that.