The Opposition Thread

It’s cute how trump supporters simultaneously claim Trump isn’t a fascist yet instantly assume that any criticism of fascism is a veiled criticism of trump.

It’s great ain’t it?

I’d post something anti-fascist… at least twice a month on Facebook. Suddenly this year I’m being political when I post the same things (it was fine when I did it during Obama’s admin of course, I’d even get ‘Likes’). I kind of wish they all hadn’t ignored me so long ago that when I posted this, like I tend to do every year for either April 25th or V-E Day they could complain about it passive aggressively later.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/323528-aclu-to-livestream-anti-trump-resistance-training

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) will livestream anti-Trump “resistance training” Saturday as it prepares to launch a grassroots mobilization campaign.

The effort, called PeoplePower, will begin in Miami on Saturday, Reuters reported.

The event will feature “resistance training” that will be livestreamed to over 2000 local meetings across the country.

I noticed on the Featured section for Apple TV/HBO Go were All The President’s Men, Broadcast News, and Central Intelligence.

Hmm.

https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/841855149819719680

It still seems valid even if Trump is also Goldman Sachs, among other things.

I miss the pre trump days when American politicians at least pretended they weren’t corrupt.

In light of all the recent revelations on Russia, I’m starting to think Snowden is actually a traitor.

+1 Like

I don’t see how that can still be valid. It suggests there would not be a link to Goldman Sachs with choice number 1 when clearly that was not the case.

And speaking of Clinton, her numbers are now even lower than Trump’s.

I have zero hope that Democrats will even put up a fight against Trump’'s reelection. He is going to get 8 years.

Clinton isn’t running against Trump again. What does one have to do with the other?

Agreed. There is no way Hillary would be back in 2020 for more. It is incumbent on the democrats to develop someone for 2020 to run against the Donald. Preferably someone new.

They should run Sean Penn to keep up with the latest electoral strategy. Rich celeb with questionable behavior towards women – only this one has actually done admirable things from time to time!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I turn on MSNBC and Trump’s holding a rally in Tennessee, the crowd chanting lock her up. I thought we were done with this shit?

It’s almost like they are morons.

I’ve said it before, and I will say it again. We need more deadly traps placed throughout our daily lives, to accelerate Darwinian processes.

Trump’s base is just really passionate about IT email retention policy.

For women. Or Democrats. Or Democratic women. Republican men? Not so much.

This evening’s political humor:

While watching the World Baseball Classic my son asks my wife “Are we rooting for Venezula or the US?”

I yelled from the next room over, “Depends on which authoritarian regime you want to oppose!”