The Opposition Thread

#crossesfingers

Why this is important: you want congress to stand up to Donald Trump?

This will get congress to stand up to Donald Trump, regardless of party affiliation.

Thanks for the coverage and Twitter link, TC! I couldn’t find a decent way to follow this in real time.

NY Times election results for Kansas:

BTW, in 2016 268,000 people voted in the congressional race here, so expect less than that in a special election in 2017.

Also, hoooboy is the Georgia 6th going to be interesting!

Folks, it’s Kansas. Estes will win. Big. Do not buy into some media created absurdity.

Estes winning small would be a pretty amazing sign of a shift.

Yep. As late 20th Century empiricist philosopher Buford T. Justice put it so well, “THAT…is an attention getter.”

(For the record, I think Estes wins. Just not by more than, say, 10-12.)

Thompson would need +9 in Sedgwick to actually have a chance of pulling out a miracle here. Again, managed expectations, but the bigger picture makes this fascinating.

There is zero chance of an upset in Kansas.

Yes, we know. The upset is the margin.

Try not to assume your own bias into the words of others when you formulate your strawman posts.

What exactly do you believe is my own bias here?

You frequently assume that people have said or implied things they have not, and then construct strawman arguments against those things, and then go on for pages deconstructing those things. And in so doing, you tend to miss things, like this, or simply don’t actually allow the comprehension to seep in.

And now the interesting part. Can Estes get to +10 in the district? I’m not sure he can. Maybe.

(FTR, I think the GOP holds the seat in the Georgia 6th, too. But it’ll be fairly close.)

I wish I had volunteered for this race – just made some phone calls or something online. Lesson learned for the future I guess. Also the Democrats and anyone anti-Trump could have done a better job trying to get support!