The Outer Worlds - Obsidian's Fallout New Vegas in Space

Maybe i missed it up thread, but why is steam showing this due in 2020? I ordered it off epic, because I cant wait that long. :)

Epic paid the developer money to not release it on Steam for a year.

Do we know if the Game Pass versions have cross saves between PC (Windows Store) and Xbox One?

I don’t think so, the game is not listed as Play Anywhere.

That stinks. I guess I’ll have to make a choice and stick with it.

(On the other hand, double achievements if it’s the kind of game I play through twice).

Yeah there’s no indication the game is Play Anywhere, and they’d probably be pointing that up. I guess Outer Worlds is in a gray area, being first party yet also being well underway at the time MS bought the studio, so I guess it skates on that mandate.

I have Game Pass so I’ll probably try this on PC. It’s available Friday? Is that right? Same day as Call of Duty?

Thursday at 7pm Eastern for the PC according to the chart MrTibbs posted upthread.

Heh… NASA people are like wuts going on?

Cool. I won’t have time Thursday, but that’s nice.

Couldn’t you still have crossaves (like Destiny 2) without it being Play Anywhere? Play anywhere means, AFAIK, buy once, play anywhere.

Sure, drop the saves into a third-party location and make all the various versions compatible and you’re good to go. I suspect the latter is harder than it sounds though.

Love that RPS review, this paragraph, omg do wants!

Probably my favourite thing in the game is a kind of devil’s bargain system, where you can accept a Flaw, brought on by context in the game, in exchange for a valuable Perk point (that is, a powerful buff ability). I got attacked by a bunch of robots and chose to accept Robophobia, meaning I suffered penalties whenever I was around a mechanical bruiser. But then I fixed up the aforementioned robot companion SAM, and discovered that if I had him in my party I was permanently terrified , which I loved. I then accepted almost every flaw I was presented with. It’s a relatively small system change that ends up being mad fun.

I always have trouble choosing flaws in a game. But you’ll get this really cool thing if you choose this flaw! Ummm, no thank you. I don’t want to do 25% less damage at night. What if most battles start happening at night!

2nd game I’ve bought off epic, and they do have a few titles Steam doesn’t have, but I have to say their interface SUCKS! No way to add anything to a wishlist, or sort by tags…Steam they are not

Yeah, but check out their forums.

The IGN review said the game was surprisingly bug free. Maybe Obsidian has finally gotten that “monkey” of buggy games on release off their backs.

Or maybe the bugs are really the friends we made along the way.

Anticipation building! I won’t be able to play until Friday evening but even so, it sounds great.

Troika and Obsidian haven’t started an actual franchise of their own before. They’ve had such bad luck until now. :(

:fingerscrossed: