The Playstation 4

That would bum me out just because of all the disc-based games I have from the PS1 and PS2 days, but I’d still probably be strongly tempted to pick one up.

I set up my Windows 10 machine as a media server and can stream video/music/photos from there. I’m not sure if you can access drives directly.

No network drive access beyond streaming media via DLNA in the media player. If you just want to copy screenshots and video try reformatting your USB flash drives to exFAT. If they are FAT32 you might be hitting file size limits causing the errors.

Anybody tried remote play on iOS?

I noticed that in the most recent system update. How does something like that work, anyway? And who would the audience be?

It sends a video signal from your PS4 to your Remote Play device, which in turn sends back any inputs. It works anywhere you have an internet connection. On iOS you have the option to use touch controls, or an iOS certified controller. People use it for off screen play when someone else needs the TV, or to login to games like Destiny while on the road to get their dailies.

I haven’t but plan to.

Related note: how did this get appproved on iOS when steam remote play still isn’t?

Diego

I’ve tried it. Works perfectly using an iPhone XR with a bluetooth Nimbus controller linked to my PS4 Pro on the same home network. I haven’t tried to remotely access it from outside the house,

It works, though the iPhone screen is small enough that it’s not very pleasant. At least not for the game I checked out (Spider-Man). Maybe if I had a big iPad…

Wow. It was weird to go to my PS Plus page and only add two games to my library. (Both of which I already had on another platform.)

Hope to see some PS4 exclusives there in the future.

I really thought they would have added a PSVR game to the PS+ releases by now. Even if it was a 2-month window instead of every month, it would have been some nice promotion for the platform. And maybe encouraged some buyers who accumulated a bunch of games they could play on day one of getting a PSVR.

Potential PS5 specs.

The poster on Beyond3D who shared those “specs” was a nobody with no bonafides.

Don’t believe the GPU or amount of RAM. Unless they are going stupid again and releasing a $700+ console

Sony joins Nintendo and Microsoft’s direct video presentations with State of Play.

The long national nightmare is over - PS4 now officially supports name changes. First hit’s free, then $10 each change after, or $5 for Plus members.

I’m going to wait a bit, don’t want to run into these issues.

Doesn’t mention much about what’ll happen with PS3 & Vita games and trophies.

I’m tempted to change just to experiment. I still use my Vita and PS3 actively. I also have been playing around with PS Now lately, so I’d be curious how this impacts PS3 games there, as well.

Wow, I don’t like the sound of those issues.

I charged into the breach and changed mine. Most of my key PS4 games are on the “no issues” list so I feel reasonably comfortable doing so. However, I also use my PS3 and Vita on occasion, so we’ll see if I’ve made a huge mistake.

For me it’s a “no”. My daughter’s Just Dance 2017 is on the critical issues list. I’m not exactly sure what that means, but it’s probably not worth finding out.