The QT3 POE SSF HC RIP League

It’s mid-season in Path of Exile, you’re grinding maps, but T1x bosses are pissing you off. Every upgrade costs and exalt+, or you are just burning out. You need a break, so what do you do? Start a new toon, of course!

But what? Do you look at a guide? Watch some vids? Check what’s meta? Consign yourself to analysis paralysis of the options and end up just going back to your primary?

No! Join the QT3 POE SSC HC RIP league and have the choice made for you. Randomly. Can any skill really be viable? Are all the Ascendancies equal? Can you really build a Summoning Duelist or a Face-tanking Witch? Who knows. Let’s find out.

Rules:
No Build Guides - DIY is the name of the game
Incursion League, Hard-core - Solo Self Found
No Trading (SSF)
Twinking allowed
Push 'till you RIP!
League Length - 4 weeks or so, or until everyone RIPs
League winner get a random microtransaction!

General info:
Primary skill and Ascendant class is determined randomly. Primary skill must be your main levelling skill, but it’s ok to switch to an alternate for single target boss killing. Go nuts on secondary and support skills. No following a build guide, challenge yourself to roll your own. Obviously, do as much other research as you desire (gems, combos, uniques, etc), without hitting a build specific guide, and I’d encourage a quick tooling around with something like Path of Building to get you on the right track.

Twinking is A.O.K. HC Toons should share stash, so gear will carry over to new leagues.

Winner will be the highest tier map completed, or highest act completed, or highest character level. I want to encourage pushing towards a RIP over raw grinding. If that’s not enough delineation, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

Open to other suggestions, this is something I have been thinking of for a while, as I always spend hours looking at builds instead of playing when I want a diversion from my main toons. I always like to start a league with a build guide to make sure it is end-game viable, but I get caught in the same trap when starting alts, rather than just try new things.

Next post will have the first combo!

QT3 POE SSC HC RIP League - Season 1

First cab off the rank is a Bladefall Occultist

Obviously feel free to level with whatever skill floats your boat until you can access Bladefall.

sharaleo
Bateau
sillhouette
charmtrap
wilykat
Ultrazen

RIP’d
sharaleo - DamnUDaresso - Level 46
sharaleo- EdgeDescendant - Level 40
sillhouette - QtTHREE_HC_BF_OCC - level 35
charmtrap - Poor Patty - Level 29
Mr.GRIM - Qtothreewitch - Level 14
charmtrap - SqueekyFromm - Level 13

Why not HC league?

edit: Upon further reading I have to say that I see exactly zero point in this. Why call it SSF if you’re going to allow trading?

The market is really expensive. I don’t really want lack of access to gear to be a blocker in trying to make a weird combo work or not. I already rolled this toon in HC and could not even get white bases for gear upgrades!

Not SSF, SSC - ie feel free to buy bases and uniques that you may need, but use your own currency on them.

MY bad, misread the thread title. I’d totally sign up if it was SSF HC though. Alas.

Ok, let’s make it SSF HC then. I mean, it will certainly more likely guarantee RIPs!

Nice. Couple thoughts:

• do you allow gear accumulation for future seasons?
  • assuming the answer to the above question is yes, perhaps start off with a caster or other less gear dependant combination, or even allow people to pick their own combo for first char?

Yes to gear accumulation - it will help with more gear dependant combos if you have access to some built up stash.

So to that end, starting with a spell caster is an excellent choice and I shall re-roll now.

Is this meant for expert-level only? Can you take part if you’ve only played like two hours total?

I may be the only one clueless here but may I say : ???

Sure! Even us pros are likely to RIP at anytime in self found hardcore!

I hope wumpus doesn’t notice this thread. The title will freak him out. :)

OMG WTF BBQ! 🔥🔥🔥

Wait, what? IT SAID REAVE I SEEN IT YOU CHEATER! Never used bladefall or an occultist, so pre-RIP me.

Alright, count me in. Always meant to really give this game a shot, but that silly talent tree puts me off.

I started a hardcore Witch (which the wiki has convinced me leads to the Occultist) named SqueekyFromm, and relying solely on my wits and many hours of playing Diablo in leading me through the hilarious talent tree.

Ok, adventures in pain have begin. First 2 rares off Hillock and Riptide… life regen, life, move speed. :-/ Brutus, my blight is coming for you!
rare1rare2

Damn, I want to play this but have zero time for it until probably mid August. But I look forward to seeing the exploits!

Why is the goddamn inventory so small?

To teach you a lesson about bringing back so much useless crap.

Brutus down, he dropped a unique, the Princess… no really useful rares so far.
unique1

Next unique from a rare in Old Fields… not sure if lowlife is reasonable for low lvl HC…
unique2