The Real Dark Souls *spoiler* thread starts here

I want to join Dark Wraith, so I been holding off on quest, I’m currently on killing the dragon slayer duo boss. had to do some leveling up for the 4 king since I need to kill 4 king before I receive the lordvassel else I can’t join the covenant.

the dragon slayer duo is really annoying, I have no problem with taking the fatty down, I deal like 400 damage a hit on the fat dude, but the lancer basically take very little damage since my primary weapon is lightning spear. So I’m going to explore the catacomb, I was told that there is a blacksmith that can make flame weapon, I must missed him, because I went down catacomb all the way to the first boss, and into giant’s tomb and didn’t see him.

I finally learned some pyro spells, I feel like pyromancer probably have the easiest time, none of their spells require any stat to cast, only thing you need to do is upgrade their catalyst(hand of fire) which only cost soul, I’m like throwing spell that nuke for 400+ with burning, while my great soul arrow does barely any damage and require int to cast. I wish I can remove stat from int and put in faith so I can learn some faith spell, heal and portal back to home is very useful.

Oh yeah Havel’s ring = my favorite ring in the game, I’m wearing 3/4 piece of Havel’s armor(helm/chest/gauntlet) + 1 piece of gold trim legging… with havel’s ring which increase my load by 33!! I can roll around in super heavy armor(48.5 / 103, less than half of my max load). Plus a whooping 96 poise. for most of the fights I take more damage if I block then if I just spam attack.

Yeah, the problem with the executioner is that if you kill him first, the second one will absorb his power. You don’t want that if you’re already struggling with him in his normal form. I won this by carefully kiting them and taking a stab at the dragon slayer whenever he was alone. When he dies the other one basically just absorbs his electrical property, so he’s pretty easy to finish off.

Aside from that, use something with longer range than the spear. It really makes a difference.

By the way, another little tip to consider before exploring the Giant’s Tomb: When you finally manage to finish off Ornstein and Smough, head for the gold misted door in the hellish area, just beyond Quelaag’s Domain. The area is pretty easy to run through, if not a little tedious at low levels. There are some enemies there that drop what essentially boils down to a miners cap, which means you can throw away that stupid skull lantern. Makes it a lot easier and comfortable to explore those dark tombs.

I had no idea there was a smith in the catacombs, though. News to me. I can’t imagine where he’s hiding?

What is the best place for info online so far? There are like 7 wikis started up, and none of them are very descriptive yet. Where are you guys getting all your snazzy info?

Items that are easy to get right when you get to fire shrine some require the thief’s key.

Most involve dying unless you are really nimble.

Winged spear in the graveyard next to shrine.

Take elevator below shrine down, unlock door to valley of drakes. Cross bridge run to end pick up dragon shield (purple flame shield equivalent) and a nice holy sword (14 faith required) die horribly.

I purchased soul arrow and a catalyst and have found it invaluable for kite killing the tough knights in undead parish.

2 of the english wiki are decent, but japanese wiki is more helpful, it’s a pain in the ass to read with translation.

By the way, another little tip to consider before exploring the Giant’s Tomb: When you finally manage to finish off Ornstein and Smough, head for the gold misted door in the hellish area, just beyond Quelaag’s Domain. The area is pretty easy to run through, if not a little tedious at low levels. There are some enemies there that drop what essentially boils down to a miners cap, which means you can throw away that stupid skull lantern. Makes it a lot easier and comfortable to explore those dark tombs.

I got tons of demon machetes from killing those kapra demon there already, wonder which guy drops mining helmet.

Oh I think it’s the giant worm… do they respawn? I killed one near the bonfire already.

No, you have to head further in – past the shimmering, yellow gate. There are two bosses along the way, so you pretty much know when you’re heading in the right direction.

By the way, I found our friend the smithy at the very bottom of the catacombs. Or rather, I can HEAR him, hammering away on the other side of a wall. I don’t know how to get past it though…

Havel one shots me when I’m blocking. :(

I can’t pass those yellow gate yet, suppose I need the lordvassel.

Some questions I haven’t figured out yet:

1. Is it better to save up my humanity, or use it to kindle bonfires and keep myself in human mode rather than dead mode?

2. Is there anything I get if people up-rate my helpful comments I place out in the gameworld?

3. How do I join someone else’s game to assist them in co-op? I see how to request help, but not how to give it.

4. Is there any way to gain more humanity points other than “looting” them from pre-placed corpses? i.e. is there a finite amount of humanity one is able to accrue in the game?

Humanity seems to accrue over time if you keep going without having to die/rest. Also rats drop it as loot. O_o

Kindle bonfires definitely, otherwise I’d save your humanity until you need it to either become human to invade/coop or if you want the item find bonus or curse resist.

the coop part is a bit backwards actually. the white soapstone seems to put down the marking that says you’re willing to go help someone else, it’s not really you asking for help (though it can amount to the same thing techinically). When in human form you can see other player’s signs on the ground and click them to bring their phantom into your game. You can bring multiple people in at once as well, I had 2 with me at one point.

Ahhh, thanks for the info, Harkonis!

Amazing what you can find hidden around in this game if you just USE YOUR EYES. -_-

Anyway, finally finished off Seath. Nito left. God, I’m not looking forward to this.

Humanity seems to accrue over time if you keep going without having to die/rest. Also rats drop it as loot. O_o

human are like rat, tiny and black and dirty.

So I got the “key to the depths” and have been exploring alot of the other zones but cannot for the life of me find the entrance to the depths. I believe the entrance is somewhere in undead burg but I cannot find it, please help! I’m assuming the sewer door that opens from the other side leads there, but I need to get to the other side first. Specific directions from the bonfire with the ladder/near the merchant would be much appreciated.

If its the key I’m thinking of, it opens the door right before the dragon bridge.

That’s a different key, that brought me down to the area where I fought the TWF goat demon and his dogs, upon defeating them I got the key to the depths and can’t for the life of me find the next area. I’ve watched videos of people opening the door to the depths and it appears to be in the berg, just not an area I seem to be able to find.

Right before you enter the room to the goat demon, head right down the tiny stairs. Follow the narrow path, past some dogs and assassins, and you’ll end up with a metal doorway to your right.

Liar! :P

I’ve died and lost 3 humanity points trying to kill these guys. The unlockable knight 2-shots me and the cleric guy needs to be hit like 20 times before he drops.

Maybe I’m playing it at too low a level. I’m carrying the drake sword on a dex character.

the knight doesn’t respawn, a few of those invisible guys doesn’t come back after you kill them, the only one left are the cleric/mage/warrior/rogue.