The Real Dark Souls *spoiler* thread starts here

All of these guys respawn in my game.

Really? because a few of them drop named items.

Anyways you can lure those out and 1 vs 1, the cleric is actually very easy, you fight her til like 70% then make sure her back is towards a cliff, she will keep trying to back away to heal, but just press her until she is at edge of cliff, and she will attempt to heal and you can just kick her off.

usually my order of killing is pull the mage first, kill it, then hug the left side cliff edge, kill the warrior with axe and spider shield, then pull the cleric with arrow, very lastly walk towards the cleric’s location and pull the rogue.

How do you kill the ghost knights first?

hold down block. wait until he swings and bounce off, then I block and counter attack or I rolled and attack.

Real Masochists dual wield! Blocking is for pansies!

you can block with weapon too, also you can’t really swing both weapon at same time.

Pffft, dual wielding. Man, Two Handing it is where it’s at.

you can’t block if you use a parrying weapon in the offhand. You CAN do a one two swing quickly while dual wielding, as well as use a weapon in the offhand that compliments your primary. (for example a rapier offhand to make up for the dagger’s weaker range, while keeping the daggers fast swing and bleed and backstab advantages) It’s a lot harder, but can be quite satisfying since not many people are crazy enough to not have a shield on them.

What do you do at the nest right after leaving the first area there’s a hidden path to the right. A voice says to give me warm, give me soft?

dual wield is entirely a feature in game that’s for look, same as wielding 2 shields.

you don’t do extra damage, your swing feels faster but it’s not really faster.

compare to using a weapon 2handed, you can still block, you deal a ton of extra damage, you gain bonus to str whenever you wield a weapon 2 handed, so you can wield heavy weapon with only half the str req.

Good lord, the sewers are some of the tensest moments I’ve ever had in gaming. Those frogs are super creepy and their curse cloud is a doozy. I jumped down into their lair on purpose with a half life bar to explore (I was already cursed), killed all of the frogs I could find (very carefully!) and picked up some items, then I turn a corner and get swarmed by rats and die. Fuuuuuuuck. I think this area has cost me over 10,000 souls so far.

It’s also really creepy how statues of recently cursed people suddenly appear out of nowhere. Is it correct to assume that these statues represent other players who have died by the curse?

Here’s how you farm there extremely quickly. Warning, incredibly cheesy tactic required:

Turns out the frogs in the sewers are pretty decent for farming if you’re careful. Each froggy nets 200 souls, and there are a bunch of them and they’re going down in one hit. Of course, getting hit with the curse can be expensive.

Of course, it’s difficult to get in and out once you’re down there. I still have yet to find an exit before I die.

According to the guide, dual wielding increases combo speed.

Crap…

I just managed to kill them properly with a Black Knight’s sword and some skill. Now I know I’m going to farm that area just because…

Yay, just finished off Seath and Nito. That makes three!

I have no idea where to go now :(

I killed seath, seath was extremely easy if not for I want the sword of moonlight(the sword is great, wait til I use it in pvp, own people from a mile away with this sword), that tail cut took me like 5 deaths, then I killed seath in less than 20 seconds afterwards.

I haven’t touch nito yet, because I want get that mining helmet from demon ruin, I finally got it, gonna take out bed of chaos before heading to nito.

It did in the first game, also; I don’t think there’s much in these games that is ‘just for show’.

Yeah, that’s one of the things that I like best about them. Some trade-offs may not be worth it to you (and giving up the ability to effectively block just to increase combo speed is probably not a choice I’d make). But you can pretty much always be sure that if the game lets you do A or B, a trade-off is involved.

So a few hours later, there are a few commands that I really need but I can’t seem to remember how to do effectively and it would help me if someone would talk me through them.
-The Kick-I don’t remember the key combination, period. Is this mainly for smaller enemies or has anyone had success with the black knight and above? Is it modified by any stat?
-The plunging stab. Worked fine that one time I did it to the first boss, but when I tried to drop onto the black knight it seemed I could only stagger him. Is there a specific sequence to when you initiate your light attack? (fall, attack, land on enemy? fall, land, attack?) Is there a good place to practice it anywhere?
-The scaling of dodge. So with my thief character I have to run around practically naked (which is disgusting, but there it is) in order to roll effectively, but I find that I can wear at least my gloves (1.8) and my mask (1.8), but the armor or boots (3.0) tilt you over into semi-fat roll territory (end 10), and it doesn’t seem to be a function of total weight anymore so much as the individual encumbrance of each item. Any data on how this works relative to END investment?