The Resistance: Avalon + The Plot Thickens Forum Game #??

Yes, exactly. If @rowe33 is evil pretending to be good, what he does not do is put the guy just accused of being evil on his team in order to create the problem of having two evils on one team which then has to be resolved by guesswork to avoid a double fail, and which probably can’t be approved anyway.

On the other hand, if I’m evil and Thraeg is good, why do I give Thraeg a card to confirm Dave is Evil? How does that make any sense?

I’ve answered that already: Dave is Oberon so you don’t know he’s evil.

Why wouldn’t I give the card to a known evil in that case then? Why give it to a good player to confirm another good player?

That’s not what you wanted to do.

Right, which would have turned out to be a really bad idea, given how they both turned out to be evil. At the time it made sense to me, since I was 99% sure Dave was evil and hiding out on team 1. But yes, it looks pretty bad in hindsight and the accusation from Thraeg.

But I don’t see why I wouldn’t have given the OC card to a known evil, if I was evil myself.

I think I’m just making it worse for Good by trying to defend something I can’t really defend though. So I’ll let the rest of you sort it out for a bit.

@rowe33’s arguments here have pushed me toward believing the reports we’ve been given. @Otthegreat is evil per @rho21’s report, and @Dave_Perkins and @rowe33 are evil based on @Thraeg’s reports.

This is far from certain, but at the moment it feels like the likely scenario to me, and it is the only scenario which is supported by actual witness reports. So I’m going to use it as a working assumption for now. Which means don’t give them any more cards, @CraigM.

If you’re going with that assumption then the best person to give the SL card to would be rho21 since he’s got to be good. He truthfully outed Ot as evil.

Noooo, not at all. The problem is that Strong Leader changes the leader and then it proceeds clockwise from there. So we’d be going right back into the conflicted mess, and Ot would be getting the next set of cards to distribute.

It’s more important that the cards end up in Good hands than the turn order. The cards for whoever ends up using SL are going to be the key to sorting this mess out, otherwise we’re screwed.

The needle moves further.

Given how dead set you are that I’m evil, despite pretty so-so evidence, my needle on you is cranking hard to the dark side too.

I’ll maintain that rho should get the SL, as those cards absolutely need to be in good hands.

@CraigM, whenever you’re ready, please distribute Strong Leader and choose a 4-knight team.

Rowe and Scott are arguing, I declare the game has officially started ;)

It has been too long! As usual, I expect us to end up on the same side when all is said and done.

That sounds about right.

So many accusations, so little time. I guess on the plus side, some people know who some evil players are, because of either seeing loyalty cards or being on the receiving end of false accusations. For those of us left out of that mix though, it’s just a huge mess.

I guess I’m going to go with my gut and say @Thraeg’s open up was weird, and he’s throwing poop everywhere to cover for it. That just feels most likely. Uh, maybe I’ll just go all Descartes and write what I actually know.

At least one of @Dave_Perkins and @Thraeg is evil
At least one of @rowe33 and @Thraeg is evil
At least one of @rho21 and @Otthegreat is evil
If @Thraeg is evil, @Otthegreat is too

Nothing conclusive yet, but some serious stink-boxen are drawn

“Stink” boxes, for new players, come from when I used to keep track of all of this on paper, and I’d draw a box around suspected evil people, with little wavy stink lines coming off it. And one time, I took a pic and shared it. I am so happy that the term is still in use!

And “boxen” – is that from Brian Regan, @CaseyRobinson?

That one page of notes you posted many many games ago was one of the highlights of Qt3 Resistance for me. I think you were evil that game so the attention to detail, despite not really needing it, was inspiring!

Aw. :)