The Resistance: The Plot Thickens: Game 3

Thongsy, please select a team!

Both? What?

We don’t know who is and isn’t a spy. If Josemas and Blips both are spies, which will fail the mission? I think it would end up being either both or neither. Though if one does fail it we don’t know who is and isn’t a spy so we’re no closer than before. So umm yea. I don’t know what I’m saying. Dammit why do I have all this responsibility.

Im pleased to announce that Thongsy is resistance.

So he should go on every mission.

I see what you’re aiming at. I guess I’m just leery of using a mission to ferret out spies, because each mission seems precious. But I’ve only played this game once in RL and once on Qt3.

I’m going with my gut and my gut tells me to select Josemas and Blips.

Team Stupid Awesome will be:

Thongsy-Intelligence
Josemas-Sharpshooter
Blips-Spotter

This is a fairly simple mission and we’re targeting the commanding officer of the Army base. We know he likes to drink, and drink some more. And after that, have another round of drinks. So it should be fairly easy since he’s always falls in a drunk sleep in his car after leaving the bar. Now if we can’t do this correctly I will have lost all faith in this Resistance cell.

Ahh, Comrade Thongsy! My needless filled with essence of nameless things are, and am very pleased to hear they might get a little bit of workings out!

Perhaps we go together, yes? Next time, perhaps.

I shall bring my sharpie in hopes of drawing crude penises across the man’s brow!

I think using our only two Overhead cards for the whole game on one person is fishy, or at the least concerning. But I think adding upcoming leaders to the team is the best option since there’s little other info available now.

+1 lol

Please vote by PM!

Ho! Josemas! Comrade, do you intend to share with the class what you saw of Thongsy? Did you see the same as aeneas?

I can confirm that Thongsy is indeed resistance.

Call it fishy if you will, but I feel like having a higher certainty that Thongsy is resistance becuase 2 people vouched for him is worth more then aeneas vouching for thongsy, and me vouching for blips, which would tell us nothing other then a vague linkage. I think we should all have high confidence in Thongsy. My only problem with this mission is that I don’t really know if we should trust blips. his scrambling to keep me from using the conversation card on him should probably tell us something, but i know with certainty that at least 2 of the 3 of us, ie me and Thongsy, are resistance. And also Blips showed us a funny picture. I think we should proceed.

So! Thongsy is resistance, or else is crazy plot by crazymans which will not last long. Is good to know!

I of course have theories. What mad scientist does not have theories? Theories of this, of that, of ze great big explosions and such. But! None of which I would yet speak of! Truly great scientist acquires observational data before implements plans.

Waiting for votes from the Easternly-Challenged Hemisphere contingent (i.e., Lantz, Nikolaj, NyimaR, aeneas). See you folks in the morning!

Sorry I wasn’t here sooner, but it seems some spy spiked my drink last night. Found myself lying behind a dumpster this morning. Not at all pleasant.

It seems to me that we have four possibilities after that sharing of cards (with regards to Aeneas, Thongsy and Josemas).

1. All resistance - wouldn’t that be awesome? To have 3 guys that we can rely on from the start would mean that we can easily point the finger at other spies later on in the game. But given the current team selection we can’t really test that.
  2. All spies - just seems stupidly improbable that we would out 3/4 spies at once.
  3. Either Aeneas or Josemas is a spy. Knowing that the other one is not a spy, had to make a true declaration or be outed from the beginning.
  4. Both Aeneas and Josemas are spies. And they are very, very clever - trying to build a circle of trust.

I wish I could say I thought 1 was the most likely situation, but I suspect 3 is most likely. However I think I can pretty strongly come to the conclusion that Thongsy is in the clear.
Thongsy should be taken on all missions from here on in. In fact - I will not vote yes to a mission that does not contain Thongsy.

Right, I need a shower.

I guess it just comes down to whether Thongsy is a spy or not. In my opinion, the first mission always seems to be a toss-up. I mean, we have to have something to go on, before we can start piecing things together, so I’ll just go with this, I guess.

Mission 1 is a go!

The team:

Thongsy (Team Leader)
Josemas
Blips

The votes:

Blips Yes
Dave Perkins Yes
Brian Rubin Yes
AaronSofaer Yes
Lantz Yes
Nikolaj Yes
NyimaR Yes
aeneas Yes
Thongsy Yes
Josemas Yes

AaronSofaer, would you like to annul this approved vote with your No Confidence card?

Make us proud people…or don’t bother coming back…