The Scalebound Cancellation Thread

OK maybe I don’t love it that much. But I am pretty stoked about its rerelease. And those of you without an Xbox will be lucky enough to try it out on PC! What good fortune!

I tricked myself into enjoying Bloodwake for a while.

Heck, I kinda liked Whacked.

Platinum Games producer JP Kellams is leaving the studio.

[quote]
15 years ago, I came to Japan to fulfill my childhood dream of making games with my heroes," he said. "No matter how hard the day, I always walked into the office in awe of the creativity around me, and with the joy that working with each and every one of my coworkers brought me. It is hard to say goodbye to them, to PlatinumGames, and to Japan. Yet, embracing new challenges is part of my DNA, and after almost 10 years of working with the team (more with my Capcom/Clover days), it is time to move on to new challenges that I’m excited to share soon. I’ll be forever grateful to all people who have touched this journey, because they’ve shaped who I am.

Platinum maintains its luster forever.[/quote]

I wonder what role he played in Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, and Transformers: Devastation. Being that those are my favorite Platinum games, unless he played a crucial role in their development, I’ll not worry too much about future efforts.

Based on what I can find in Google, I don’t have much to be concerned about.

I really, really hate Microsoft. They refused to refund me the $50 gift code I spent preordering this game in addition to wasting hours of my time calling multiple times on the telephone. If I could completely sever my connection to MS I would, but I still need their fucking operating system to play games.

That doesn’t seem legal.

I really don’t know what to do, I guess taking legal action would cost more than the $50.

So they took your money and gave you nothing for it? Could you file a complaint maybe with the FTC?

Yeah, they took my money and gave me nothing for it. How do I file a complaint with the FTC and is that worth doing?

At the very least they should offer you it as credit on the store if they don’t want to refund you outright.

Try taking to Twitter and tweeting at Phil Spencer as well as some game journalists at Kotaku.

When I called they kept telling me they can’t issue me any kind of refund, not even store credit. I might try the twitter thing, I never used twitter before and need to make an account.

I am trying to see which governing body would be in charge of that. I think it’s the FTC, but I am not sure. They took your money and gave you nothing, that’s basically makes that transaction a scam.

Try social media first, but there is definitely a governing body that oversees online transaction that will have a complaint process to try. Sometimes just the complaint itself gets actions.

Yeah it’s the FTC.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0008-getting-your-money-back

I’ve actually had luck using the BBB and FTC in the past, like years ago but less than 10 years.

I just signed up for a Twitter account and I notice there is a 140 character limit to any message you tweet, which is not nearly enough characters to describe my situation. Is there a way around this or do I just need to send multiple tweets? I’ve never used Twitter before so I don’t know what the standard procedure is.

Also, it appears you can only directly tweet someone that follows you. If I tweet Phil will he still get my message even though he doesn’t follow me?

Can try something like this:

“Hey @XboxP3 I had pre-orderd @Scalebound and now can’t get any kind of refund? Is that really how @Microsoft does business?”

@xboxP3 is Phil Spencers account so he should see it along with the main microsoft account.

@-replies to accounts are generally visible to them unless A) your tweets are private (which is gonna make it real hard to communicate publicly!) or B) they have you blocked. So, make sure your twitter is public and that you don’t tell Phil Spencer to kill himself, and your @-replies to him should be visible.

DMs (direct messages) are twitter’s form of private, one-to-one messaging. In order to send them, the parties MUST be actively following each other. Often, when you reach out for support that is too complicated to handle via individual tweets, the company in question will follow you and ask you to do likewise, then move the conversation to DMs. (This is also generally how they’ll collect sensitive info like your email or phone #, cuz sending that out via publicly visible tweets might be bad for you!).

Where does the tweet show up on their end? I see the tweet on my page.

When someone sends you an @-reply, you usually receive some sort of notice, depending on your account settings (e.g., an email, ping on your mobile app, etc.). That will link you to https://twitter.com/i/notifications, where a streaming timeline of @-replies to you and other interactions with your account are listed.

Since you’re tweeting at a major public figure, it’s likely you’re not the only person sending him @-messages today. It’s possible he’ll miss you in the shuffle. But the really attentive ones will dig deep to find everyone.

Thanks, Armando.

To piggyback – some third-party clients will let you create custom feeds, including all tweets to a specific username. So even if he doesn’t see it, it’s likely one of the Support channels will (and if this tweet doesn’t get you anything in the next day or so, I’d resend but also include @XboxSupport at the end so you can be sure they see it).