The serious business of making games

Bungie making multiplayer action game shock.

I wonder what will make it different from Destiny?

Oh speaking of which, Destiny was supposed to last 10 years right? 3 more years to go.

EA / BioWare posted job listings for “loot designer” and “monetization designer” after that Anthem launched so look how well that turned out.

Didn’t Dante Alighieri write about ‘monetization designers’ in Inferno? It has been a while since I read it.

Canto 21; I think they are in the 5th bolgia.

BOTW 2 or Prime 4 would get my money for a Switch Pro, that’s for sure.

A long oral history of Guitar Hero and the co-developers, Harmonix and RedOctane.

Game hardware-related, but thought it was interesting and there was nowhere better to put it.
Controller Drift Fix Mod Promises to Fix the Problem for Good | TechRaptor

EA got hacked

Heyooooooooooo!

Hah, I was thinking something along the lines of “How can they tell it wasn’t FIFA 2011 code?” but that works better.

If they’ve leaked personal data, they are super fucked.

Aren’t CDPR the victims here? They’re not the ones leaking anything, it’s stolen data being used to try extort them.

I believe that’s correct.

I’m also confused by the “super fucked” comment. Surely GDPR doesn’t punish the victim of theft?

Depends on what they do after. If you don’t disclose a data breach in a timely manner, there are penalties. Also, CDPR is a listed company, so they’d have securities law issues as well.