The Steam Autumn Sale 2018

I noticed on Fanatical that even after discounts, several games are $80 or more. Is this a trend now?

Does it think you are in Australia?

I have no idea. I am not registered there.

What are you, a ship?
(apologies, bad joke)

What are some of them?

Sorry, I was just kidding because people are always saying how much more expensive games are there.

I looked at all the games on the front page and the top 50 best sellers, most are under $20 and only a few are at the $30 mark.

I think they were all “Deluxe/Extreme/Extra Spiffy Editions” or whatever. For instance Hitman 2 Gold Edition which is $79 and and Soul Calibur VI Deluxe Edition which is $85.

Ah, so things like the Pillars of Eternity 2 Obsidian version, the complete games with expansions added in before they have priced-dropped to something more reasonable. Fanatical did not discount those during the sale for some reason but the aforementioned PoE2 is $75 at Fanatical but only $45 on GMG.

Deluxe/Extreme/Extra Spiffy Editions to games have been more expensive than the vanilla version for some time now.

Or in this case the vanilla version plus all the expansions.

$80 is still the most I have seen for one.

That’s actually $100 and discounted to $80.

Speaking of Fanatical, I purchased Frostpunk for about $18 and For the King for $5

I picked up Tyranny and liked the first act for the most part. I’m preferring it to Pillars so far, because of the smaller party size, spell creation, and its world being more interesting. Now I’m considering adding the Bastard’s Wound expansion since I’m in act 2, but it has a mixed reception. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

I bought Rise of Nations:Extended Edition and Age Of Empires II: HD Edition.

Many people say these games will be YUGE, but we’ll see what happens.

It only adds a hidden town and a large dungeon with self contained quests there-in. I suppose if you enjoy those “Old Wall” dungeons in the base game and want a bigger, longer, and more complicated one, go for it.

Honestly if I ever replayed the game I would probably skip over the content.

I can’t decide what to buy, I think I am broken. :(

What’s in the running?

That’s the first part of the problem!

The solution, obviously, is to buy everything.