The Steam Autumn Sale 2018

If you got the complete edition, it’s pretty awesome. There is a thriving MP scene and some great casters on YouTube and Twitch. I would suggest Spirit of the Law for basic overviews and Top official for MP casting on YouTube.

As for Rise of Nations, it’s a game that more companies should have copied.

Also going to pick of AoE2 I think. Never heard of it, but it could be good.

I cannot recommend this game. If for some reason the game crashes you lose the match you are in. That just ruined an entire season of mine and there is no way to recover it.

Your experiences may vary. ;) I’ve played 151 hours so far, can’t even count the number of entire seasons I played. Not a single crash.

I ended up buying

System Shock Enhanced
Drox Operative
Adios Amigos
Overload Community levels

YUSSSSSSSSSSS

Bugger me I am not having much luck with my holiday purchases.

House of the Dying Sun: Returned after being overwhelmed with commands on the very first mission
Super Mega Baseball: Uninstalled after it crashed in the most important game of the season and handed me a loss and ruined the season (if the game crashes you automatically lose which is perhaps the dumbest programming decision I have run across in recent years)
For the King: Steam installer finds a virus on two different anti-viruses. Posted to their forums with no response. Could be a false positive but I will not take the risk.
Frostpunk: I like this one but am still learning how to play
Kingdom and Castles: Fun little builder but I do not think this will hold my attention long

I also tried to play Crusader Kings 2 again to no avail. I still do not understand that game even after 40 hours.

I want a new drug.

Is it this? Announcement - Anti-virus false positives with "assembly-csharp-firstpass.dll" :: For The King Technical Support

Thank you for the link but it was a different file.

In the meanwhile I am finding Frostpunk quite the journey. At least one game is capturing my interest.

Civ V
A couple of WH:TW factions I didn’t have (Norsca and Chaos)
Dragon Quest 11 (went for it over the new AC)

Trying to keep damage to a minimum

Thanks. I held off on the expansion and now I’m finding my interest waning in the second act. The last thing I need is additional content I’ll never play.

I picked up more games this sale than I have in many years. Most of them are for my recently purchased Oculus Rift, but I’ll keep those to the VR-centric thread. The Steam Sale games playable outside of VR include:

The Deadly Tower of Monsters
War for the Overworld
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Rise of the Tomb Raider

I’m excited for my upcoming gaming, the tricky part will be finding the time.

Looks like the sale is almost over, and I’ve bought nothing! Someone find me a doctor! ;)

Pretty happy with Red Dead Redemption 2 and Battlefield 5 for now.

Perhaps the winter sale will come and then I will buy all the games. :p

My list was short.

Defense Grid 2 (I’ve been meaning to get this for a while)
The Red Solstice
Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord Gold

Small games, but they all looked fun.

I’m following the steps of Komrad Kosc, I bought nothing!
Excepting I didn’t buy a console with the best game ever either!
What? Those Field of Glory 2 and Strategic Command Classic WW2 from the Matrix site don’t count.

If I remember to checkout tonight, this will be the sale I finally purchase Enter The Gungeon… and that’s it. Anything else can wait the 4 weeks or so until the Winter sale. Expect to see Gungeon in the Humble Monthly soon!

I ended up refunding Frostpunk. I enjoyed it, don’t get me wrong, but there came a point in the campaign where I was just overwhelmed by my previous poor choices and I lost. And the only way to see how the campaign/story unfolds after that … is to do it all over again, but hopefully better. Since there is every likely hood I’d get further than before, but then fail and do it again, getting further each time, I decided I’d rather refund it and put the money into something else. I think maybe I’ll re-invest it in some other time and try out the endless mode, but I really wanted to play the campaign, I was enjoying it. I think the problem is it should maybe have been broken up into chapters, so when you fuck up you start back at the top of a new chapter, or something, instead of it being a however long sandbox that you have to replay and isn’t actually a sandbox.

Hey you have a new machine too? What did you get?

Kingdom Come is a very good benchmark (and a game) thumbs up

Making RDR2 an Sony exclusive was a pretty smart move for Sony, huh?

:grumble:

It’s not a Sony exclusive, it’s on XBOX as well.