The Steam Autumn Sale 2018

Already got complimented by Brian for buying:
3030 Deathwar Redux
Flatspace IIk (just to support the dev’s)

Bah! I was trying to pass this sale by like LK and LE. I’d already picked up Valkyrie Chronicles 4 on PS4 for $30 2 days before the Steam sale started.

But I caved and picked up:
Antihero
Breathedge
House Flipper

This just means you have to hit me up for some Antihero VS games. ;)

Adios Amigos I enjoy whenever I play it. But I don’t really understand why I have to start the game over from the beginning when I die. I wish I could save my progress and reload my game when I died.

Once you get to a certain point you can start from that point

Anyone else tried Kenshi yet? Interesting open world squad based rpg that’s brutal but feels massive and almost like a MMO (the best parts).

Oh its sale is over, but curious if anyone got it.

This is weird thread to ask that question. The game thread is here.

Thanks I didn’t see it!

No worries, but stop on by the Kenshi thread! We’re a friendly bunch.

Screw that. I’m gonna kite you all into some skimmers, then steal your stuff!

So, how did that work out for me? I refunded Remember Me - the combat was just too terrible, especially coming after I played one of the Arkham games. Bought Cradle in its place. Which has it’s own similar problems, but I did finish it. Californium was a fun weird goof whose main fault is being in service to a pair of fairly conventional story beats. Valiant Hearts is pretty great; charming and depressing at the same time.

mrcjhicks I like the idea of doing a recap.

How did this work out?
Super Mega Baseball - I had a good time with this until it crashed during a game. It is hard-coded so if the game interrupts you lose automatically even in single player. Considering that this was my 13-4 team against the 14-3 first place team for the divisional title, I was rather pissed. This is akin to a 10 hour save game being corrupted. Uninstalled and will not buy the new one.

House of the Dying Sun - refunded. Me no like.

Kingdom and Castles - 30 minutes of messing around and that is about it. I probably will return to it eventually.

Frostpunk - I really like this game and need to get back to it. I only have about 12 hours in but it was one of my choices for GotY. But Kenshi and Battletech have taken up most of my gaming time.

I did not purchase the last 3 either during the Autumn or Christmas sale.

Ditto.

Here what I purchased during the Fall Steam sale:
Overload
BATTLETECH
Screeps
Grim Dawn DLC: Ashes of Malmouth

Overload:
This ended up as my #2 game of the year in the 2018 Quarterlies. An absolute all-around blast for me. I love how the ship handles with a wired xbox controller, I love pacing, the variety of enemies, and the general look of the game (with the setting being sparse and utilitarian rather than super detailed and flashy).

BATTLETECH:
Steam says I’ve played this game for 2 hours. i think an hour of that was load screens. Damn this game loads slow. The only reason I haven’t put more time into it is because it takes too long to load.

Screeps:
HAHAHA I have no fucking idea what I’m doing. The player should know Javascript before playing this game, which isn’t my problem. My problem is that I haven’t taken the time to learn the game’s specific API. I get through the tutorial easy enough, but once I’m supposed to go create stuff on my own, I need to go delve into manuals, and I end up playing something with a more immediate gratification.

Grim Dawn DLC:
I haven’t played this yet. I’ve been playing the base game a bunch, and have finished it a few times, but I just haven’t played with any DLC content or classes yet.

Autumn? I’m already done with my games from the winter sale!

I may have had 2 weeks off from work to help with that.