The Steam Autumn Sale 2018

That doesn’t make me feel any better.

I pruned my wishlist and do not need any more games, but feel like I need to buy something. God I hate this feeling!

Easy remedy to your condition: a gift to a friend! You’ll feel relieved and probably good too!

There was a Steam activity last year I think where they made me go through my history of purchases on Steam. I don’t remember the reason for it. That really put it in perspective for me. I looked through the whole list and found out that most of the games I’d played on Steam, I’d actually purchased outside of steam and redeemed a key there. For all the games that I’d actually bought on Steam itself, I’d only played maybe 5% of them. So I learned my lesson last year.

This year I still bought some stuff though. But I think I made pretty good choices for the most part. I’ll surely play through the original System Shock if I can stand the graphics. I might not play Drox Operative without putting a lot of work into understanding the interface. Adios Amigos I already really enjoy though. It’s really cool! And finally, the Overload community levels, even if I don’t get to them, I don’t mind giving them more money.

It was for one those badges thing. They had you play games you hadn’t played in awhile and stuff like that. It did make me launch up a couple of old games too.

Not too much damage, all old wishlist stuff

Antihero
UnderRail
LA Noire Complete
FO New Vegas Ultimate
7xdlc for Gal Civ 3
For the King

Now that Steam has a sortable wishlist, I’m going to just buy a few older games with good discounts that I’ve been meaning to pick up:

Remember Me
Californium
Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Only PC game I’ve bought was Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, and that was from Matrix Games directly rather than via Steam (but with an included set of Steam codes). The rest of the deals on Steam weren’t interesting enough to get me to jump right this second, but time will tell what the December sale brings.

I wound up passing on the sale this year. A few things caught my eye, but I’ve got plenty to play for now.

I kind of splurged this year ($230 total), but almost all from places other than Steam.

From Steam $53 on:
Total War Warhammer II + sale DLC

From Matrix / Slitherine $39 on:
Command MANO + Northern Inferno & Chains of War DLC (what a GREAT deal!)

From GOG $40 on classics I’d missed before:
Caesar 3
Dungeon Keeper 2
Theme Hospital
Zeus + Poseidon
Pharaoh + Cleopatra
Battlestar Galactica DLC
Close Combats 2,3,4,5
Stars in Shadow DLC

From Nintendo $100 on stuff I should have bought last year when it was half off, but foolishly expected Nintendo to put on sale again before this year (and they didn’t)
Doom
Wolfenstein
Dragon Ball FigtherZ

Diego

Impressive haul! :D

Thus far, I’ve only picked up:
3030 Deathwar Redux
ADIOS Amigos: A Space Physics Odyssey
and the last DLC for Starpoint Gemini Warlords

I keep hoping for some magical way to upgrade Battletech to the Mercenaries version or for Pathfinder to have anything but the base game go on sale, but neither of those seem to be happening.

OMG an amazing selection.

Yeah, it somehow doesn’t surprise me you’d like those, lol.

Hmm thats a weak ass list. :(

Scotten pruning my wishlist is the smartest thing I do. I mean the smartest,

Didn’t get spend too much this time around:

For the King! (3 copies to play with my kids)
Balrum (old school looking RPG)
Frostpunk/This War of Mine bundle
Rebel Galaxy

Didn’t get anything from the Steam sale. Only thing I got overall was Yakuza 0 from Fanatical.

Chuchel and Wreckfest for me.

Just two for me

1. Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 2018 : looked at some menu screens and that’s about it
  2. For the King : if I had purchased this on Steam instead of Fanatical I would have refunded it. I should have researched this one better but I bought it after a few beers