The Suicide Squad - Maybe James Gunn can rescue this sequel?

Oh, hahahaha. Sylvester Stallone voices King Shark!

Say what you want about James Gunn, but the man knows how to cast a movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuDLepNa7hw

Looks better than the last one, but it would be hard not to meet that bar.

I guess she has me blocked?

I mean don’t we all??

I think sometimes people get so excited by a thing that they post before catching up on a thread.

Or she has you blocked.

I don’t have him blocked.

I just overlooked it and it’s not the same link, like literally. I didn’t realize it was the same one. Discourse usually recognized the same link. One has 1.5 mil views and the other is under 500k, thus why Discourse didn’t notify it was the same. Also Yours won’t let me view it in QT3 due to some sort of age restriction, so I literally just saw a grey square… still do.

So sorry. It was not a dramatic thing at all, promise.

Neat:

Ok.

It is a red band trailer. It should probably have an age restriction.

The most surprising thing about the trailer? It actually seemed to show that Joel Kinnaman has a lighter side. I’ve been watching him on TV since The Killing (and the movies since The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo), following along with his English language career, including checking in on him weekly in For All Mankind, and this may be the first time he’s seemed… light hearted? Having fun?

Agreed. And sorry again. I was just kind of flying by, it never occurred to me that was a trailer. Hell even when you asked if I had you blocked, I didn’t know you were talking about me because why would I block you and posting a trailer wouldn’t have led to that response… so I thought.

No problem. I’m sure some people have me on ignore. Caught me off guard given how soon it was after I posted it. :)

I’m off all week and sitting at the shore for the entire thing. Nothing can bring me down this week short of Microsoft buying Nintendo or something equally insane.

So many spring breakers out there. In another year, I probably would’ve joined my east coast family this next week too. Maybe next year!

Sly is playing the shark? Well they definitely seem to be playing that for the Groot role.

And ya know what? I’m ok with that. I love Guardians, and if this is an R rated version of his Guardians I am 100% down for that.

Where I’m at is not like that. Jersey shore, so still cold and windy today although the last couple days were ok. Things here really only start to open up next week. It’s a perfect way to relax with no one around.

Well that looks peaceful!

+1. Jersey Shore in the off-season (or not-in-the-summer-season, at least) looks nice!

ObTopic: I got nothing.

Man, it has been a long time since I’ve seen the ocean.

That looks awesome to me, especially after being stuck in a condo for more than a year.

I like James Gunn, although maybe each movie a little less than the one before (Dawn of Dead; Super; Guardians 1 and 2). But that new trailer is kinda…cringe. Maybe the characters will grow on me, but CG shark man (although kudos for it being Stallone), etc. Just seems indulgent and goofy, but Gunn’s writing is always solid enough to deliver something worth watching.

Seconded.

There are lots of rentals available down here. This is a family owned home so we just have to put our names in to stay which is super nice. I love the off season.

Take out food only of course, or delivery. Grocery store run. Everyone’s masked indoors and mostly outdoors. I went to the retro game store in Rio Grande. Just a lot of relaxing…

Today…