The Terrible Album Cover Thread

Look, I know you watch our television and pay attention to our culture, surely you understand just how bad this sort of thing is viewed in the US? Does it bother me on a personal level? No, when it’s obviously art. But even having a picture implying nudity in minors is cause for a nuclear reaction, much less something as borderline as this. Just don’t link it without specific warning, is all I’m asking.

H.

You’re talking about the Scorpions cover, he’s talking about the Blind Faith one. Which I’ve just looked at and that’s arguably dodgier than the Scorpions one. And your point stands. Carry on.

So I used to have this John Zorn album, Taboo and Exile. A few months after I bought it, a friend turned me on to some album that had some hidden artwork under the cd tray, so I started taking apart every cd I owned looking for hidden artwork. Lo and behold, sandwiched between two layers of paper that made up the back cover of Taboo and Exile, I discovered a photograph of a verrrrrrry young Asian girl engaged in masturbation. We’re talking quite a bit younger than that Scorpions cover. I was deeply disturbed. The thing is, I can’t find anything referring to it online, so I guess few if any other people ever took the case apart.

We could never hang. That album made me a man.

What in thee hell? Hmmm I just plugged "John Zorn album, Taboo and Exile" into google images, and about the third or forth picture down looks to be this. Whoops, there are two - one yellowish tinted and one b&w. I’m not going to investigate further because I dont have a Pete Townsend defense at the ready. Weird and yucky and gross, even if it turns out they are just young “looking”.

Yeah, that’s the one, except that the version I had did not have the gold bricks superimposed.

Warn people to not to check out The Scorpions discography (Wikipedia and probably anywhere else). Duly noted.

Wait…that’s a real Scorps cover? I thought the band was named VK…wow. Nice going german band who’s appeal I could never figure out even though I loved the hook from “The Zoo”.

It’s supposed to be a joke, but still.

No Brute!

Bad German Album cover and article about same.

As of Wednesday, the album will be restricted to under-the-counter sale to those over 18 (presumably this was already the case for the special edition box set which comes with six hot-pink dildos modeled after each of the band members’ members).

Yea fair enough. I was just pointing out what I see as the difference between the Virgin Killer cover and the Blind Faith one. I am genuinely disturbed by the Virgin Killer cover because of its implications - I find it hard to think of a positive spin on a young girl with a ‘smash’ over her genitals and the words “Virgin Killer” beside it. That’s just wrong all over.

But the Blind Faith one doesn’t seem that dodgy to me (though arguably the nudity is unnecessary, but then again you can always say that) so while of course it should have a disclaimer I don’t view it as being on the same level as Virgin Killer at all.

It’s a discussion I would be willing to entertain in person from an artistic standpoint, but I don’t want to do it via computer. These things have memories, you know.

H.

Lol, righty-ho.

I found this while doing a search for some computer equipment.

NSFW for sure.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9377/coverjo2.jpg

Music from Sexy German films for sure.

HA!

You can download the whole album here http://deadpandas.blogspot.com/2008/07/gert-wilden-orchestra-schulmadchen.html again NSFW