The Trump Administration and Syria

Quoted for the truth.

He can hit me up if he wants to help with a conflict mapping project that I’ve been working on for 18 months, examining data about the burden of war on the healthcare system in Syria. There’s a lot of work left to do and we’re writing a 35k word piece for The Lancet that will be published later this year. Just PM me and I’ll send along my email address.

Much appreciated!

But it is difficult to understand how so many members of our nation’s foreign policy Establishment could see this solipsistic performance as a justifiable exercise of American power. And that difficulty leaves one to wonder whether the distinction between waging a war because Fox & Friends told you to and doing so because prestigious Beltway think tanks did is as significant as we might hope.

I for one, am shocked that this President did the right thing for the wrong reason.

Stopped clocks right?

have you seen a single shred of evidence that these bombs did any damage at all? All I’ve read is that the military says it struck certain sites. I have yet to see any evidence at all.

Yes they did damage and they’ve shown pictures of it, but did it really have any impact at all on Syria and Assad? No.

As mentioned in the Russia thread and relevant to that article:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-says-told-u-where-153625419.html

Russia told trump where he could bomb.

Fake News.

Trump already said Mission Accomplished.

Doesn’t mean it’s true though.

Mother Jones: Has Israel Stopped Sharing Intel With the Trump Administration?

Last night I noted in passing that Donald Trump had casually blabbed about intelligence from overseas allies on two occasions last year. The most important one was when he regaled the Russian ambassador about the intel that led to an alert concerning a potential laptop bomb being smuggled onto an airline. A reader writes to tell me that as bad as this episode was, it was actually far worse:

The US obtained this intelligence from Israel. What is now known to the general public is that Israel had succeeded in placing a listening device in an ISIS safe house deep in Syria, at great risk, and was listening in on everything ISIS was planning from that location. Trump revealed this intelligence to Kislyak and Lavarov during that infamous Oval Office meeting in which he also bragged about firing James Comey the day before. His revelation essentially blew the intelligence operation; the listening device the Israelis had placed went dead shortly after.

How is this shit managing to fly under the radar?

I mean, 1300 air strikes in a month is 40 per day.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

Hey, we won. What up with the bombs?

What? We’re not allowed a celebratory bombing or two? Are you a commie?

There’s like a fucking giant scandal every week that would sink an honorable presidency. And it’s been going on for a couple years now.

Well he can’t just launch airstrikes on Mexico without causing some major issues so he has to keep increasing the Syrian bombing I guess. The sigh of relief when this asshole is finally out of office will be amazing.

ISIS is defeated, also we’re bombing more than we ever have. Because reasons.

RTS%20jetpack%20girl

LOL, what game is that?