The Trump Administration and Syria

I don’t know if there’s still a copy somewhere online, but it was an article about “The Ultimate War Sim” from here:

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/wargames.html

Now days the address forwards to cracked.com, and even the internet Wayback Machine has been scrubbed of it, as the domain has been excluded from its cache.

EDIT: Actually, try this:

I think I found it:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15660_the-ultimate-war-simulation-game.html

Nevermind, you found it before me.

This may sound coarse, but not offending the locals and sparing civilians was never a possibility, which is why we should never have sent our own ground troops and should have had other local neighboring countries do so instead. I mean, nobody asked Saudi Arabia to send troops to Serbia since it was also a “local” conflict.

I mean, IIRC NATO membership has been dangled in front of countries in exchange for assisting the US in the past. (I prefer the UN over NATO though.)

Bad idea? Not that it makes a difference at this point…

Its perfect satire on the state of military intervention/adventurism in a world where public opinion is so powerful at the same time pointing out the brutal realities of trying to achieve anything when it is right to do so.

A U.S. Army source briefed on the results of the operation told Newsweek that Baghdadi was killed in the raid. And the Defense Department told the White House they have “high confidence” that the high-value target killed was Baghdadi but further verification is pending.

Well, good riddance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. His death has been claimed a number of times before, and if this one sticks, that works for me. I’m sure Trump is slapping himself on the back with both hands. I doubt that this will cause the same spontaneous celebrations that erupted when “Obama got Bin Laden”, because al-Baghdadi never pulled off anything like 9/11 against us. He managed to stake a claim to a large swath of territory, placing it under his governance, thumbing his nose and throwing his shoes at modern geopolitics. It takes a special kind of arrogance to resurrect the title of caliph; it’s almost like calling yourself the Pope-King. But the Caliph ruled over a land of misery and death, and any sort of divine mandate sure seemed to be lacking. If Trump ordered his murder, he can mark one positive achievement before he’s impeached and removed. (Though, sure, yadda yadda, assassination of a foreign leader, even a vile one, is abhorrent and ought to be Un-American, and it would have been better if Al-Baghdadi had been seized and put on trial for his crimes.)

Indeed, and let’s not forget there’s a tweet for everything;
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/260549166776852480?fbclid=IwAR1sr9mH_2AN9Z2CuUw8HSvfZh4YF8X44A3REft7dFN_LP68uaS9uG4lvYc

Seriously fuck Trump. No exaggeration, I’m really hard pressed to think of how an actual Russia agent would act any differently than our President… (Of course an agent would be smarter, less obvious, a better liar etc.)

Who does he trust, and who’s approval does he yearn for?

Whule I’m glad this dangerous man is dead, I hate that shitgibbon can take credit for it.

Old leader dead, new one surfaces, evilererer and badderer than the last one…

This is just fucking farce now, how stupid men are.

Most expensive whack-a-mole in history, I’m pretty sure once you kill the new one, an evil badderererer and evilererer will arise to take his place…and we’re back in the saddle…

As if the entire Syria thing had ANYTHING with how we’re doing, our economy or just about anything whatsoever…

Its all a joke.

In case anyone cares, the attack was launched from a Kurdish base.

Say Amen, Somebody

So we’re going to fly through Russian controlled airspace, without asking for their permission?

Al Baghdadi was being protected by Turkey, so this one really is Trump.

It must have been part of his deal with Erdogan.

So we’re going to ignore the House and do it because we are a narcissistic child?

Lol, now that’s a hot (terrible) take on what is being said here.

We all know that the reason Trump didn’t tell Pelosi is because if he were in her position, and a Dem President had a chance to get a win, he would 100% try to prevent that from happening. So he assumes that’s what Pelosi would do.

One might say a quid pro quo?