The Venture Brothers

NPR (!) did a nice memorial with Doc and Jackson.

The guys behind Bonfire-side Chats are doing a Venture Bros rewatch podcast, if people are craving more Venture Bros content or a reason to rewatch it.
https://orb.show/

I’ve started rewatching the show along with the podcast (being a fan of WOFF, BFSC, and Abject Suffering), and it’s really good! Very funny, with a fantastic attention to detail. Highly recommended to any fans of the show.

Great news! It deserves a proper ending.

Happy dance!

woo!!!

Is there an actual ending possible for this? It sure would take a lot of wrapping up. But even if we don’t get an “end” it will be great fun watching Rusty and Monarch figuring out how to be brothers, watching the brothers figure out how to be adults, and watch the rest of the cast figure out their places in the universe.

Yeah, I’m a little skeptical that a movie can get done what needs doing, especially since the last episode made that weird swerve into teen drama cliche. Fingers crossed, but ever since the cancellation I’ve been prepared to just call “All That and Gargantua 2” the finale and write off the New York seasons.

They could go the old Britcom classic route of just killing off the entire cast suddenly.

I do think Season 7 tied up a ton of loose ends. What happened to Jonas Sr., how are the Monarch and Rusty related, etc. I could imagine this movie delving into Hank’s coma (or whatever it is) and getting him out of that cliffhanger, and on the way maybe checking in on The Grand Galactic Inquisitor and anyone else who needs a curtain call.

Hah I immediately thought of Blake’s Seven.

Merry Xmas, IGNORE ME!

It’s a wonderful world. I didn’t know if they’d ever do a Christmas song again.

And the gifts keep coming.

Probably time for me to start a rewatch from the beginning

Not quite a trailer, but this final final episode must be on its way:

Beat me to it! Stupid Work Call!

But it is exciting news! And if you hadn’t had your work call, you would have probably hit that site downtime anyway.