The waiting room thread

Better than run away imagination. Okay. Think of a number between 1 and 99.

Be back tomorrow.

Waiting for an MRI. Nothing major. But still, it’s an MRI ya know? The tension builds and builds.

Well they found my problem after sticking a camera down my throat. They removed it and everybody was happy and relieved it wasn’t cancer. I’m sure some doctors won/lost bets on that. I just got wheeled out of the procedure room, so I’m totally out of it.

Keeping me still, till tomorrow. More hospital food. 😳

I wonder how long I’ll stay yellow.

So my last MRI was of my head and I was 10 lbs lighter so I was in the normal people sized MRI machine. I did ok, and dubstep was popular at the time so I was cramped and worried (if the power went out I don’t think I could have climbed out, for instance) but I had some “music” to jam to.

This time I went feet first with my head not quite all the way in and 10 lbs more put me in the fat people MRI. I was super comfortable and think I may have dozed off a couple times.

Five stars, would recommend.

Although on the downside I’m pretty sure there’s an MRI of my junk now, depending on how specific the focus was for the test.

Doctor! We need more power! It’s huge!

Maybe one day with some sort of bionic man situation.

Ah, don’t sell yourself short.

And hope your results turned out as well as mine.

Now I’m waiting on dinner. Thank god they finally took me off the low sodium & diabetic menus. Eesh.

I was in the hospital for four months. I had the vegetarian menu. I was a veg back then. One day I got a “sandwich” that was two slices of brownish bread. In between was some brown paste. I sniffed it. I tasted it. I could not, for the life of me, figure out what it was. So I ate the sides and the jello.

When the nurse came in she asked me why I hadn’t eaten the peanut butter sandwich.

OTOH when I was finally allowed to eat anything soft, that jello cup was fucking amazing!

So far, the two Saltine crackers I’ve received with each meal have been the anchors that have kept my soul bound to this earth. Without them I’d have started ordering pizzas until one snuck through.

In 20 minutes I get real food.

It turns out the good food was a total lie. I got crappy no sodium no carbohydrate food once again. I’m having surgery in the morning at 8 a.m. so apparently they’re still giving me the least harmful stuff. But then after that I should get all better and go home the next day.

In the meantime I decided to take a picture of my face to show off my great jaundice, however due to the lighting or because my phone has built-in filters that try to make me look “more human” and “less yellow,” that wasn’t really apparent. I did however find that my phone has other cool filters.

It’s Kerzain Warhol!

no YOU’RE an animal

You good, Kerzain?

Yea, back in my own room. Operation complete. Head home tomorrow. I’m not woozy enough to get away with telling all the nurses how beautiful they are, so here I sit, eating broth.

I did that when I had my wisdom teeth removed. Told the nurses how beautiful they are, I mean. Sang to them too, or so
I’m told.

I saw this thread the other day and it seems apt. I’m waiting but not the wait-ee, if you will—my mother’s in for a surgery.

The hospital cafeteria actually has some creditable greasy spoon diner food, which is great for me, but also seems like some questionably-ethical vertical integration.

Waiting to have blood drawn for follow up tests. I tried watching some cool new game trailers (Rage 2 etc) with the sound off, but muted gameplay videos aren’t cutting it for me.

Instead I can listen to people compare stool sampling experiences.