The "What Qt3 taught me Today" Thread

This one gets me…who would play a game they hate? I mean, there are games I love that I have difficulty carving time out to play. Or can’t play (no opponents). I sure don’t have the time to play games that I don’t like to complain about them. It just seems crazy.

Now I sure have been disappointed by games I really was looking forward to.

I have done this. When you read polarizing reviews on both ends of the spectrum, you wonder if there’s a diamond in the rough… a payoff in enjoyment where if you just spent enough time it would reveal itself. After too many hours, you only then realize the diamond is a crusty chunk of coal that’s never gonna buff out.

Though based on Steam reviews there are people who are just CRAZY. Spending 1300 hours in a game they hate?

I totally get that, and someone could really be interested in the topic or theme, universe setting and go that route. But to me that is exploring a game. and then, sure, you can come out the other end disappointed. But continually playing a game you dislike and then going on and on about it in a thread? Whatevs. Like, I am not a fan of HOI4. I’ve been pulled in the thread a couple times and opined about what irks me (you’ve been in there). I think I’ve had 3 posts (just checked, could be 5). The last one 6 weeks ago.

That is a good example of a game where I really tried and explored. But it ain’t my cup of tea. Why would I then still play it and live in the thread to dis it? It just seems strange to me. Time is precious.

This is a good point. Many of us here are older, and one would hope, more mature. Time is indeed precious. But I’d wager that the kind of gamer that would spend an inordinate amount of time to play a game and then rag on it are children. The same people who spend a great deal of time on leveling a character in order to grief others.

These times they are a changing. Lawn. Exeunt.

You made me do a spit take, crazy man! Quit griefing people in RPGs!

Just a suggestion. Go easy on the makeup. Kid. :)

Damn hipsters.

Well, Today I Learned…

1.) Gary Lockwood can still win some Deathmatches

2.) Movie Club may have a silent film in the running thanks to @Juan_Raigada

3.) Rick Still Rolls sometimes, even in these enlightened later days, thanks to @lordkosc and @Mark_Asher

4.) Brian De Palma always was always suspect to me in the direction department, @abidingdude, and Nick Cage Proves it!

5.) God Save the Queen, @BellaConfusione ?

I learned the word “perfidious” thanks to @charmtrap.

per·fid·i·ous
pərˈfidēəs/
adjective
literary
adjective: perfidious

1. deceitful and untrustworthy.

Yesterday (yeah…I know)…

1.) I learned about a city. A LOT about a city.

I learned what a Cadenza is thanks to @Hotfreak in the latest Assassin’s Creed thread.

ca·den·za
kəˈdenzə/
noun
MUSIC

1. a virtuoso solo passage inserted into a movement in a concerto or other work, typically near the end.

Mister newbie here had a feeling but no real proper idea that there were various types of touchscreen. I inferred there must be something going on with my hand meat for them to work, but from a detour about gloves, reading about it, it’s fascinating.

Also that there were crocodiles in Cuba (and they are quite unique looking).