The Winter Steam Sale of our discontent (or not!)

Enidigm, thanks for the summary, actually it sounds like EU4 might be something I would pick up after all. I am certain to buy it at some point though - I like to support the development of these kinds of games when I can.

Mark, it’s funny because I do the same thing, but what’s dumb is when I do have a lazy Saturday afternoon or something and a back log of games I never seem drawn to those games, I always tend to re-install old favorites instead or look on the Steam or Amazon store for something I don’t already own. Sigh. :)

I also have trouble firing up a game for the first time. Took me forever to really commit to playing a game of Sword of the Stars. Just remember that these games usually don’t require that much effort to get comfortable with, it just seems daunting when you first fire it up. It turns out that I don;t think I’ll play much more SOTS after I finish the 3rd game. The tactical battles just aren’t for me. Sometimes they are a bit exciting, but many times I just find them tedious and I would like more clear feedback about what is happening. It isn’t a bad game and I’m glad I finally committed to giving it a try, but it will probably be relegated to my category of ‘may return to one day if I run out of things to play’.

I teared up a little reading that. It’s good to know there are others out there who share my dreams (delusions?). Keep the hope alive brother! Keep buying those games!

I also kind of look at it as, even though I rarely buy anything at full price, even the 75% off purchases help to keep the industry alive by ticking off one more copy sold for developers and publishers.

Is this the first time a set of daily deals hasn’t included anything at 75%+ off?

Steam, I am disappoint (and entitled)…

What now? A sprinkle of magic dust from the refresh pixie and normal service is resumed?

Are the new deals up yet? Can someone post them here when they are? I not only bought Stanley Parable yesterday, I even managed to install it and play it for an hour! I love it. I love games that add to the vocabulary of games and I feel like that’s such a game.

I’m really hoping for a good deal on Gone Home and Papers Please during this sale. Usually I make it a point of principle to support short games by buying them at full price but I’m feeling particularly poor this year after buying both PS4 and Xbox One.

Yeah nothing like spending a fortune to make you feel skint ;D

Via Reddit:
Daily Deals:
Omerta: City of Gangsters $39.99 $9.99 (-75% off)
Total War: Shogun 2 $29.99 $7.49 (-75% off)
Train Simulator 2014 $54.99 $9.98 (-82% off)
Final Fantasy VII $11.99 $4.03 (-66% off)
Chivalry Medieval Warfare $24.99 $6.24 (-75% off)
Far Cry 3 $29.99 $7.49 (-75% off)
Crysis 2 $29.99 $7.49 (-75% off)
Nether $19.99 $11.99 (-40% off)
Fez $9.99 $2.49 (-75% off)

Flash Sales:(Lasts for 8 hours)
Music Creator 6 Touch $49.99 $16.99 (-66% off)
Divinity: Dragon Commander $39.99 19.99 (-50% off)
Project Zomboid $14.99 $11.24 (-25% off)
EVE online $19.95 $1.98 (-90% off)

Community Vote:
Hard Reset Extended Edition $14.99 $2.24 (-85% off)

Up for Vote:
Risk of rain $9.99 $7.99 (-20% off)
Castle story $19.99 $17.99 (-10% off)
Godus $19.99 $14.99 (-25% off)

Day 2 sales, they do nothing for me, I am dead inside.

You’re not the only one. My wallet needs the rest.

Oh man…that Eve Online calls to me still… I know how time intensive and harsh it is… but it also looks so pretty…

I really wish they would discount the monthly rate sometimes. I would be all over a 66% or 75% off renewal rate a few times a year for games like Eve.

Amazon grants your wish. It’s only 25% off, but how often do MMO subscriptions see discounts in the first place?

First blood for me today. (I bought nothing yesterday.)

Shogun 2 - Rise of the Samurai campaign for only $2.49.
Also tacked on Drakensang Phileasson’s Secret DLC for $2.49.

I’m looking hard at the old-school action RPG Inquisitor. 50% off at $4.99, and I doubt it will be 75% at any point. I’ll wait until the final day obviously, but I’m curious if anyone has an opinion on the game.

So I bought Train Simulator 2014. I feel dirty.

I’m selling all my cards, which will net around $2.50. Should I buy Fez with that…hmm…not on my wishlist though…

I owned the 2012 version, I was able to derail my first train on my first try in under 10 minutes. :p

On the plus side, having spent £7 on the game, I’m now 0.001% of the way to paying for all the content.

Did you have to buy a penny-on-the-tracks DLC for that?

I just bought it as well - Did you check out the Sean Bean trailer for it? Simply awesome! My GF has been polite to train conductors ever since, just because its awesome.

I also got me Euro Truck for 10.95 with everything I think. Cant wait since everyone raves about it!