The Witcher 2 Spoiler Thread

I had four of them following me sooo closely and i only have a slice of health… but we reached the city just in time, then they ran away in a cutscene. You don’t have to kill them all, just reach alive the goal.

Ok, time to do some real spoilers in this thread. SPOILER OF THE END OF PROLOGUE.

Wow, so they killed Foltest? That was a surprise! He was a charismatic and importabt secondary character, and he was… let’s say a mainstay in the witcher’s saga: he appeared not only in the first game but also multiple times in the books, from the first short story written by the author, to later appearences in the serial saga when he continued the story as novels.

yeah, I’m glad I’ve stayed away from reading too much about this game. That moment came as a real shock since I was wondering why the hell Geralt was in a dungeon in the first place, since he seemed so friendly with Foltest.

Good job writers. I liked Foltest, with what they introduce to us in the prologue and I’m invested enough to find out who killed him, nevermind clearing my name.

Chapter 3 question

I’m in a room which I suppose has to do with the gargoyel quests, in that I have to guess a combination of 4 runes…has anyone had succes with this? Damn its hard, and I hate having to write stuff down these days

EDIT: MASSSIIIIIVE SPOILERS ABOUT THE END

So, finished the game - I’m interested in what choices people took?

I went with Iovarth, and decided to spare Letho at the end. There was a few quests I didnt do, like the Gargoyle one I didnt finish, and the manuscript one.

I saved Triss instead of going with Iovarth…sooo much to do in second and third playthrough - I even let Sile live…and the dragon - I guess my witcher is a big softie :-D

I’d have liked to find the sword of the space elf though - I love the Wild hunt idea. Anyone found this?

Btw - since this is a spoiler thread, I assume there’s no need mark massive spoilers about this post?

And if you carry him out of the dungeon, you get the strong back ability (+50 carry weight). Sigh. Kinda important.

1. no, why do you care?

I wonder if you can save the two other folks on the hangman’s platform. Or if you get different options afterwards…

The so-called game guide I posted above didn’t mention that. Cha-ching, I’m doing that one when I replay the prologue.

I wonder if you win something for killing him in the siege. I saved him, so i had the A1 method to escape and won that “perk” (+50 weight). Experience, a new weapon?

Also, i saved the recruit of Cinfrind’s men, and he helped me later. Can you win the medallion or something else if he is killed in the battle?

How/when does the game indicate you got a perk?

Newboy gave me something before helping me distract the guards, but I didn’t check my inventory to see what it was.

It’s in the character page, in the … traits? stats? status? menu. Where there are three submenus.

Do you have the four runes of power books? In the decrytion sentence there is stuff mentioned that refers to the runes, i. e. a swallow means animal rune goes here in the sequence. Once you are reasonably sure you got the correct sequence for 2 or 3 runes you can usually get the rest with a bit of trial and error.

By the way finishing the gargoyle quest is not really worth it. You get awesome equipment, but there is not much to fight left aftwerwards.

I found the sword, it’s part of the gargoyle quest. It’s a great sword and geralt starts to ramble a bit about the wild hunt. I pretty much took the same choices, except I went with Iovarth, but that doesn’t seem to change triss’s outcome.

To test out my new system I went through the dungeon the alternate way. The baroness is still topless. I thought they said they were going to cover her up because they didn’t want to titillate players there (from a design perspective).

Doesn’t matter to me: I’ll be saving the kid for the perk when I replay the prologue!

Chapter 2

I cannot, for the life of me, find 3 more corpses for the Rotfiend Contract quest. I burned those near a wagon, and those near the guards a short distance from the tower just outside of camp. Completely lost from there, unless I find them later on my way to another quest.

Any ideas?

I dueled him and then his people surrendered…no new weapons as far as I could tell.

Also, i saved the recruit of Cinfrind’s men, and he helped me later. Can you win the medallion or something else if he is killed in the battle?

You do get a medallion that has a quest attached to it, if he dies and you find his body/search it. Haven’t done the quest yet.

Posting this in regards to some getting annoyed with the fight at the end of Chapter 1.

The guy is frustrating, especially being that you are in such a confined space. However, he goes down fast on Normal difficulty with throwing knives/daggers. I simply popped Quen, dodged until his shield ran out, and pelted him with daggers. May take one or two attempts, but if they are good daggers, no more than that, and the fight is over.

A comment on the end of the prologue.

The saddest part about that person dying is he has one of the greatest character models in the history of CRPGs. He looked fantastic in cutscenes. Great costume, face modeling and textures. Now we won’t get to see him again.

Huh? What fight is that? Is that a Vernon Roche choice?

It is fighting Letho at the end of Chapter 1, which I assumed was the fight they were referring to at one point in the main Witcher thread. I am not sure if it is choice based, as I assume he is an enemy to both sides by then. I could be entirely wrong though. I am currently playing the Roche path though if it helps.

Sorry for the confusion.

ah, I didn’t fight him, so yeah, its choice based :-)