The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Uh, the upgrade package includes 5 mods from the community as part of a MUCH larger whole upgrade for both PC and console done by CDPR. And a 6th mod which got some CDPR internal work and further modification on.

So even for PC…still a very substantial upgrade (4k, ray tracing, new environmental effects, etc.)

And also, y’know, free.

It is still pain in the ass to mod stuff manually, I wholeheartedly welcome having immersive cam and HR reworked and all the other stuff right in the game, tested by developers, without having to do anything myself.

I picked this up on sale from gog this weekend in anticipation of the update. All ready to go.

I’m very excited about cross-progression. Going to play this on PS5 and PC.

Hmm guess I can play on the PC and wait for a sale on the PS5 version again. I don’t recall playing any game that cross saved from PC to PS5 so we’ll see how that works out. Xbox to PC I have done and that works pretty well.

So the patch notes list “Support for DLSS 3”. Does that mean there won’t be support for DLSS 2? Man I really hate nvidia sometimes.

Of course there is DLSS2…it is part of DLSS3. DLSS3 is combination of DLSS2+Reflex+Frame generation.

Praise be to Melitele!

Yeah, I jumped the gun. Read the rest and it seems like they did quite a bit of work on this.

Oh, wow, I hope the cross-progression actually works. It doesn’t on Cyberpunk, going back and forth between PC and Xbox. (Or at least, it didn’t when I tried it a couple of months ago… It was one-way.) That would be sweet, to be able to view it in DLSS 3 glory on my 49" monitor on my PC, but then play most of it plopped on my couch.

Wonder if those mod-makers got any compensation? I mean, I’m sure the licensing agreement says they’re not owed a penny, but there’s legal and there’s “right…”

From the stuff I watched today it seems the PC version is the way to go for me aside from the haptic feedback stuff. Ray tracing is locked down to 30 FPS on the consoles ick…

I’m more excited by this than I have any right to be

Appears they were paid:

“We are including several popular mods in the update (they’ll be available depending on the platform),” technical support manager Karolina ‘Vinthir’ Nieweglowska said on the official forums (thanks, PCGamesN). "We obtained permissions from their creators, reimbursed them, and they’ll be featured in the credits of the updated game.

Oh, nice! Yay for controlled capitalism!

Thanks to rave comments in this thread, I finally picked up W3 in the last Steam sale for $10 and have discovered it is the perfect open world RPG for me, devoid the Elder Scrolls annoyances. I’m only 15 hours in and still in the first area, White Orchard, but I can see playing for quite a long time.

That said, I’m tempted to turn updates off - the game runs smooth on my laptop right now, and looks fine for my old eyes. I’m afraid this Next Gen update will essentially bring slowdowns on my lappie and/or bugs. If it ain’t broke…

I see you Paul

Apparently I had bought this on GOG and not steam. I got scared that I didn’t even have a PC copy lol. My favorite game ever and I’m scrambling to find a working copy. I have it all ready to load up at midnight. Supposed to snow Thursday, but I’m out of days to use and my job so isn’t into the belief of working from home. :( (Probably because I would play Witcher 3 in between meetings. ;) )

Yep, I would like them to explain the development process of this stuff in some detail so next time some “downgrade-gate” happens (with any game, not just CDP) I can point to it.

When will then be now? I have 900 games to play and I’m dying to play the game I already played to death. Priorities.

So this is happening today?

I’ve never actually gotten around to playing this game, so this seems like as good an excuse as any.