The World Ends with you (NDS)

I’m loving this game.

Two questions:

1. Does anyone know how to make pins evolve? I have a few that say they can evolve, but I don’t know how to make that happen.
  2. Is there any reason to keep around multiples of combat pins? I’ve been rewarded a number in battles and they’re clogging up my inventory. Is there any reason to hang on to them?

Thanks!

Every single boss battle, save the last.

I think you have to level up pins enough, I know one pin you pick up will evolve once it reaches a certain level, not sure about the others though. As for #2, I’m not really sure as I have alot of them as well.

Does anyone know a way to sell all copies of money pins without having to use the confirmation? I know you can set it to auto trash items, but it only does it one at a time. I’m having trouble it seems getting the game to tell that I’m touching an enemy instead of empty space and it’s setting off the wrong attack. And do you guys have any tips on avoiding damage with both characters? I can’t seem to focus on both screens to dodge attacks well.

The fastest way I’ve found to sell all my pins is to press the down arrow when the confirmation first comes up, so it will change from 1 to the number of pins you have. I wish there was a key combination or something to say “I don’t care, just sell everything”.

I looked on NeoGAF about pins evolving and, um, yeah.

Spoiler free insight on pin evolution:

The key point: some pins require different types of pp to evolve!

Here are the three types that show up in the PP progress bar in the game:

Green = Shutdown PP (SDPP)
Blue = Battle PP (BPP)
Red = Mingle PP (MPP)

For a pin to evolve, it needs over 50% of it’s pp to come from the appropriate type. How do you know which type you need? Either cheat or get multiples of the pins.

I think I’m going to cheat.

Damm, I hate when they do that. If a pin is already maxed out, does it still receive PP, or is it SOL? Is there anyway in game to see what each pin needs?

spoiler warning

I’m on week 2 now and the difficulty sky rocketed even playing on normal, I can’t get thru fights with a high rank anymore. Joshua’s combo tree is too long to use effectively before enemies seem to close in and knock him out of it. Those damm crows seem to surround him and do easily over a 100 damage . I’m keeping him on auto fight and only stepping in if I can build up the fusion meter easily. Also since he can’t jump it makes dealing with flying enemies that much harder.

According to the sources, SOL. Get another pin. :(

As far as I know, trial and error or cheat. Some pins can evolve into more than one pin depending on which pp type was used to level it up. For example, a pin could turn into super pin A if leveled up using the shutdown points, or could turn into super pin B if you used mingle points.

Is that 50% always needed, or does it depend on the pin (ex: one requires 20% of one type). And does it deal with absolutes, for ex: A pin has 6 lvls of rank, if you get to 3 and it doesn’t change would filling it up with another type work?

I’m not sure because I’ve only read about it and haven’t tried it out yet.

The only thing that really frustrates me is that there’s only one save and if I start a new game it erases all my previous saves. I wanted to start a new game and show it off to my friend, but no such luck, unless I want to lose everything I’ve done so far.

I just got a DS. Are all DS games like this?

Not all have one save slot, but far too many do.

I noticed that RPGS are more incline to do that, Etrian Odyssey does that as well. I think most strategy and alternative titles (Brain Age, Professor Layton) allow multiple saves.

I finally had to swallow my pride and put the game back on normal, either I’m going to have to wait til I’m over leveled, or get lucky with pin evolutions. Also I found out that at the point I’m at, the game does hint that there are multiple types of PP.

So I’ve just reached day 7 here. I love it. I’m still a little mystified with the whole style/clothing/trends thing, but so far I’ve gotten a couple of my pin’s to evolve. I’ve also gotten the hang of the battles, but then I typically just stay with the bottom screen and let the girl on the top screen handle herself. I’ve gotten to the point where I found a good combo of pins to use that let me hit hard fairly continuously (i.e. I’m attacking with another pin while my other ones are recharging).

It seems like there is a ton of depth that I just haven’t touched yet. We’ll see what happens if I can beat this day 7 guy. Jeez!

So, I officially swore off of Square games after FFX/FFX-2, because I burned myself out on the incomprehensible plots/random-encounters/minigames (I stupidly decided to collect all the legendary weapons, which really ended up cooking my brain).

Anyhow, I’m intrigued by TWEWY - does anyone want to reassure me that this game is nothing like the FF series before I plunk down my $40?

bigdruid, I haven’t enjoyed a FF game since VII, but I am loving TWEWY, FWIW.

FTWEWIWEWIWEWSSWWYYYYYYYWIWOWIW!

It’s nothing like FF but does suffer from some of Square’s more feckless game design and storytelling habits. You wouldn’t, say, mistake it for another publisher’s work. I would strongly suggest test-driving a copy somehow before committing.

Bigdruid, you’re safe. The storyline has its share of long cutscenes, but I’m really enjoying them, and the plot comes together very well. There’s none of the typical FF ‘Huh?’ stuff here. In fact, I’m pretty sure I disagree with Lynxara’s comment about feckless storytelling. On the contrary, I feel like it’s pretty tightly focused and even has some good character development.

As for the random encounters, they’re entirely under your control in terms of frequency and even difficulty level.

You should totally get World Ends.

-Tom

Grabbed it over the weekend. Looking forward to sitting down and checking it out.

I really want this, but I’m gonna hold off until it has a price drop. $40 is just too steep at this point. Also it may give me a chance to finish a few other titles in my stack of shame.

Picked this up on Sunday after reading this thread. I saw it while at work on Saturday and thought nothing of it - when I went back the next day, we’d sold a copy and the box for the other one had vanished, thankfully the manual and cart were still in the draw.

I’ve really enjoyed it so far (just hit the start of day 7) - I’m glad to hear there’s more to it than just the week (though I had kind of guessed as much based on what the game was showing me). Still trying to get the hang of manually getting fusion combos done quickly!

Hmm, I should have some more PP stored up by now, must be time to crack it open again!