The Xbox One X - Project Scorpio lives and I am a dumbass for thinking it would be the Xbox 10 S

Hell, I definitely jumped off the wagon during the dark times of mandatory Kinect.

I don’t see enough to interest me on either the PS4 or the Switch to grab me. If that should change, I will reevaluate.

I wouldn’t advise buying a Switch right now unless you really, really want the exclusives or enjoy re-buying ports & remakes at full price. It’s probably a year away from having a mature selection of games. And during that time, it needs to decide whether it’s a handheld first (and its games can liberally use the touchscreen) or second.

That must not have taken too long because by the time I got my Xbone that was already history. But then I did cling to my 360 a pretty darn long time.

Six or seven months? It’s hard to keep a gadget freak away from new shinies.

In the meantime I bought a PS4 to let MS know just what I thought of the Mattrick Era.

Mattrick did make my decision to stick with the Xbox this gen harder than it really needed to be. Can’t argue that.

I’ve found the Xbox the have a superior first party list than Playstation outside of Naughty Dogs stuff. Saying it’s weak is nothing more than opinion not some mathematical fact.

Professor_frink

“Saying it’s weak is nothing more than opinion not some mathematical fact.”

And don’t forget, according to the gas chromatograph, the secret ingredient of the Xbox is … love? All right, who’s been screwing with this thing?

I mean, are you actually going to rebut him with something other than a meme? The exclusives over on PS4 really aren’t much to write home about - you’ve got Uncharted sequels, an inFAMOUS sequel, another bad LittleBigPlanet game, a bunch of last-gen/Vita ports that claim to be “exclusive” solely because they aren’t also on Xbox One, The Last Guardian, and Knack.

The Xbox One’s exclusives aren’t exactly lighting the world on fire either, but Jason’s right - the quality of either platform’s exclusive library is entirely subjective, and largely dependent on what series you enjoy (and, for many PS4 releases, if you own or owned a PS3 and/or Vita).

That’s basically why I don’t like the exclusives argument because it’s going to come down to whose you like more. And, like others have pointed out already, the days when the PS2 ruled with GTA and Metal Gear Solid are history.

I’d be interested in Horizon Zero Dawn, and NieR:Automata in addition to the ND games (I have a cousin who works there, so I could probably get them all on the cheap, if I had a ps4).

Listen, why can’t you just apologize and cancel your pre-order? We’re all friends here.

IMG_0532

Exists in superior form on PC. (Yes, this is also a valid concern for a significant number of Xbox One games.)

And yes, my list was incomplete, because I was going off the top of my head while sitting in a hot car and posting from my phone. I didn’t mention Horizon: Zero Dawn, Until Dawn, or Gravity Rush 2, for example.

Yeah, I’m eyeballing it on pc, but recliner gaming is also fun. Have a steam link I’ll be trying out at some point though.

Oh I don’t disagree, I just thought his tone was mock-worthy.

I have to say, having been a pre-launch Switch skeptic (not the concept, but what I thought was going to be the execution) nothing could be further from the truth. If anything, there are too many games to play. I already have a backlog and Steamworld Dig 2 is about to come out. It’s true, if you had a Wii-U, it’s a bit less enticing, but even so handheld is a huge draw.

Funny how everyone was perfectly willing to buy nothing but remakes and ports for full price on Xbox One and PS4 for the first two years of their lives, but God forbid the Switch get rereleases of a couple of Wii U games in its first six months.

Remember how the most hyped-up PS4/Xbox One release a year after launch was a full-price port of Grand Theft Auto V?

Was? Hell, GTAV is still topping the sales charts!

the Main point of the One X’s exsistence isn’t even exclusives. It’s wanting the best visual console experience and UHD blueray support. The console equivalent of the PC gamer that buys the more expensive video card and monitor because they can.

There are about 50% more games in the PS4 library than the Xbox One library. Sony publishes like 3 times as many exclusive titles a year as MS. That’s the math. Saying the Xbox library is comparable isn’t an opinion, it’s just wrong.