The XBOX One

I haven’t ever signed for it either. Maybe it can detect my huge backlog. It’s Xbox Live’s version of saying, “er, you should finish all the games you already own on Xbox first before you get the game pass”.

It was the multiples that surprised me. When I signed up, it was billed as a recurring subscription rather than a code purchase.

Me too. I went in and disabled auto renew to avoid surprises next year.

I assume since each month purchase is a separate code you could buy several then use one for a month, then stop, and months later use another code for another month etc.

I didn’t get codes. It just applied to my account.

Update: When I got home and tried from the Xbox dashboard itself, it’s showing up as $5.00.

Can I still sign up for the 14 day trial first, and then get the 5.00 per month? Also, how far out is Sea of Thieves?

This is tough. It’s a nice sale, but I’m not ready for it at all.

Well, sweet deal, then. I’ve tried & played a number of XGP games, really enjoyed Darksiders Warmastered, Dead Island Definitive Ed., Ultratron, and Defense Grid 2 (DG1 was waaaay too hard). And I never would have bought games like Jump Jet Rex, Lumo, Pac-Mac CE, or Electronic Super Joy, but they had same fun hours in them. Roundabout is really bizarre and intriguing if you like oddball games.

Oh hey, Ultratron - pretty sure I played that back when it was in XBLIG. I miss those little games.

The two I miss are Flotilla and One Finger Death Punch. Both were super fun.

Yes. I did the two week trial just now that puts me out to 2/24/18

I then did the deal 13 times and I’m good to 3/24/19

I’m guessing with an auto-renewing subscription (at $10/mo.) that I probably won’t be targeted. =/

So this christmas season, my brother was oscillating between buying an Xbox One X and an Xbox One S. (He already owned the original launch Xbox One, but really wanted the ability to play 4K bluray on his new 4k tv).

In the end, he decided the XOX was too expensive, and he got an Xbox One S for around $200 in one of the sales.

Cut to last night’s birthday party for his son, and he mentioned to me, really excitedly, that he found someone on craigslist who is willing to sell him is used Xbox One S, with a Kinect, and most importantly a Kinect-cable for only $260.

I said, wait, I thought you already bought an Xbox One S during the holidays? He said he did, but they couldn’t use their Kinect anymore, and he really missed it, and all the kids missed it, and the cheapest Kinect cable he could find online was over $200.

So he’s really excited that someone locally is willing to sell him an XOS with a cable and another Kinect for only $260. He says Gamestop is willing to trade the original Xbox One for $130 coming up soon in a deal they’re having, so overall it’s only going to cost him about $130 for this cable.

This is so crazy. Why did Microsoft stop making this cable again?

It’s one of the main reasons I’m not really interested in getting an Xbox One X. I won’t be able to use my Kinect anymore.

Kinect Adapters are to Xbox One users what high-end GPUs are to crypto miners.

My Kinect died the same day the Xbox One X released. Now, I’m not saying the two things are related, but Microsoft’s big plan for me to trade up my Xbox since I shouldn’t care that the new machine won’t support my existing Kinect anyway has completely failed thus far.

So is the Game Pass deal over, was that a 1 day thing? Not seeing it anymore. I snooze I lose, I guess.

It was still there for me, tempting me before I went to work today. I almost bit on it, but then decided to go to work and decide later today.

I finally was able to take advantage of it last night but man it was a pain in the ass.

On the console I activated the free 2 weeks then I couldn’t find a way to purchase further months on the console (even trying various methods). Then I moved to my PC and was struggling with Google Chrome loading pages correctly and staying signed in to my Xbox account. I then switched to the Edge browser and was able to stack a year of $5 months but it was a bit janky. I kept needing to “Subscribe” for every $5 purchase.

It’s still there on my home screen for me, except they’ve changed the wording to say “Get 50% off 1 month” instead of “GAMEPASS: 50% off.”

Ha, well I guess it’s my turn to get left out of the deal.

I wasn’t. Couldn’t even get it to show up as a gift option, even though the link was on my home page.