The XBOX One

Aw man, I lost my Saints Row 2 save somehow. I wanted to get back in and tool around, reacquaint myself, but I don’t really want to start over. Oh well.

I don’t really remember Saints Row 2. Sadly it came out around the time of GTA IV, so I never spent as much time with it as I did with the original. And something else came out around the same time as Saints Row 3, so I never got to that either. I played the shit out of Saints Row IV and the original though.

Pretty cool article around how the original Duke controller came to be, plus a little about the Hyperkin redesign (which I am hoping to get one of very soon):

Thanks for sharing that. That was a great read.

The designer, I love her comment about how they were forced to make it big, but given that it was big, they wanted it to be the most comfortable and ergonomic that it could be, given that they were forced to work with that big size. And I can testify that they really succeeded at that.

I’m still not sure if I want to purchase a wired controller in 2018 though. According to that article, that’s Microsoft’s fault, since they refuse to allow their proprietary wireless tech in a 3rd party controller. That’s a shame.

That is kind of funny. I thought there were third party wireless Xbox controllers, is that not the case?

Nope. Not even with dongles.

You said dongles.

Additionally, MS reports that back compat has been used for a cumulative billion hours, among other milestones. I’ve certainly done my part.

OMG Dragon Age 2, that’s so awesome. I was actively playing that in December. Now I can transfer my save to the share, and resume playing on the XB1. Sweeeeet.

I’ve had a good time lately revisiting games I played ten or so years ago and picking up a few achievements.

I fired up SR2 on back-compat and found it to be pretty smooth, although the draw distance remains the same. I was able to do some barnstorming runs on the first or second try that had given me fits on the original 360.

This video makes me want to pick up a copy of SSX 3 - I don’t think I ever played that, mainly stuck with Tricky.

It makes me want to pick it up a second time! (I have it on PS2). I just loved starting at the top and going all the way down the whole mountain.

This morning on Windows 10 I got a notification for an achievement I didn’t recognize. So I clicked on it, which started the Xbox app. It turns out, it was an achievement I earned in July 2015. Weird.

Oh hey, thanks for reminding me, I got two random achievements for Elite: Dangerous dated from 2015 some time overnight. No idea what happened there. I have barely even played that game, possibly not since 2015.

Yeah, same here. It was Elite for me as well. And I only played it back then.

Burnout Revenge is added to the back compat program today.

Also, heads up - big digital Xbox One games sale happening today at Amazon.

Nice! The Best Burnout game.

Wow. I’m super glad I didn’t bite on those Blood Bowl 2 DLCs last week (for a game I only have through Game Pass, remember). This week Blood Bowl 2: Legendary Edition (containing the base game and all DLC) is on sale for $15- less than the price of one of the DLC in the sale last week. I can basically pick up a copy for both my brother and I for a couple bucks more than both DLC for one person last week. Anyone on Xbox interested in a BB2 league?

I’m also tempted by the Mordheim DLC bundle for $10- though if I’m honest with myself, it’ll probably never get played. I did like the base game a lot, though!

In other news, I see Destiny is still doing their usual bullshit of offering discounts on the base D2+ season pass, but no discount on the season pass itself. Yay for offering discounts to people who aren’t your customers and saying fuck you to people who have already paid you money.

I had the exact same reaction. Last week I looked and thought meh, still too expensive for the time I would get out of it. This week was a nice surprise and I picked it up immediately. Odd pricing between the two weeks.

Good morning everybody! Couple news items for your day. First up, looks like Game Pass is losing 21 games at end of May. Hopefully getting a bunch more in June:

Next up, a few games are being delisted, and a couple actually are getting relisted. If you ever wanted that easy Avatar 1000 gamerscore but missed out, you’re getting a second chance!