The XBOX One

So don’t buy any Square Enix games separate if your a Gamepass subscriber. Pretty much everything goes there now.

Good point. Final Fantasy X will come out late April, I bet it will follow the same pattern. On the other hand, I’m hoping they price it reasonably so that I can buy it outright. I want to reward Square for porting it to Xbox. I can’t wait to play through it a fifth time and get achievements for it this time! :)

I’d be surprised if it comes to Game Pass. SquareEnix (rightfully) knows that they have cash cows in the Final Fantasy series, which is why half the time they either aren’t included or are on minimal discount during the big SE publisher sales.

Thanks for mentioning this. I have somehow completely missed this title and just looked it up. Looks really interesting with the way they are leaning into survival (if executed well). I’m definitely interested.

Yeah, it really does look neat. I’m no real fan of survival stuff (unless it’s done well, which is almost never), but this looks really cool.

And only $40, so that’s nice.

Along with what @LockerK said above, Square Enix is already charging $10 more for that release on Xbox One (and Switch) than they did on PS3, Vita, PS4, and PC. I wouldn’t expect any “cheap” access via Game Pass or anything else.

Just saw this, Xbone press release from GDC.

Buried in there:

Void Bastards on GP at release! Yes!

Wow, yeah, that is great news. Void Bastards, for those that don’t remember, is from the Australian part of former Irrational Games developers, sort of a cross between a random level RPG and System Shock.

Huh, this might not be new info but it’s the first I’m hearing of it -

“Growing out of these recent discussions, we are partnering with StudioMDHR to investigate bringing Xbox Live features beyond Xbox and PC to Nintendo Switch. Yes, this means that fans will now have the opportunity to experience StudioMDHR’s award-winning debut game on Nintendo Switch with Xbox Live! We’ll be working with StudioMDHR to implement Xbox Live features into Cuphead on the Nintendo Switch in the coming months.”

edit: whoops, the part I quoted didn’t actually mention the game’s name, this is bringing Cuphead to the Switch.

Yeah, that’s newly announced today. I think my Google News pop-up has mentioned it at least three times.

Damn, I just bought a used Gamefly disc for $20 last week. First it goes on sale for less, then it’s coming to XGP. Ah well, at least the boys can play it too if they want.

EDIT: What Remains of Edith Finch goes live on XGP tomorrow. Recommended to anyone who enjoys a low-pressure discovery game on the lines of Tacoma.

It really is excellent! Seconded!

Are they running out of titles for BC? I never heard of these.

I forget, is Hell’s Highway the good (tactical) Brothers In Arms or one of the bad ones? I wouldn’t mind playing the good one again.

Sometimes I think that, but then they come roaring back with some strong entries. Just in the last month or so we got the Lost Planet Games, Code Veronica and Crackdown 2, which was given away for free as well. So I don’t really know what to make of the lulls we sometimes see, but my assumption is the only real remaining complication is licensing. Except Ninja Gaiden 2, no idea what the hell is going on there.

I think most people will point to Hell’s Highway as the strongest Brothers in Arms title (Road to Hill 30 being a close second), but other entries have their merits too. If you play one, Hell’s Highway is probably the best choice.

Very nice critically acclaimed game sale going on.

I’m tempted by:

Bulletstorm: Full Clip $13
INSIDE: $8
Stardew Valley $12

Btw, Dead Cells is $17.49 on sale. It’s amaaaaaaazing you guys.

Free weekend w/ gold:

MX vs ATV all out
NBA Playground 2
Vigor

MvA All Out was fun!

Highly recommend checking that out. One of the best in the series. I’ll probably purchase the complete edition when I run out of stuff to play from Gamepass… which doesn’t seem like it’ll happen anytime soon. Operencia & Vampyr’ll fill all my gaming time for April if I enjoy them.