The XBOX One

Pretty “bleh” month.

Games With Gold and PS+ are becoming a pretty bad value in general for me. Any “big” games I already own, and past that it’s just the odd indie title that grabs my interest.

We were here, that looks like it could be nice.

I feel like I was already given free Hitman Season 1 from somewhere. I thought it was Xbox Live Gold, but it must not have been.

I never know if this stuff is coming to PC. XBox branding is confusing. Wouldn’t mind giving an EDF a go.

Games With Gold, and Gold in general, is just a console subscription. No reason to believe any gold stuff is coming to PC.

Game Pass, on the other hand, has stuff coming to both console and PC. You can look at the Game Pass PC-specific Twitter account for PC game pass additions:

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePassPC

For the game pass & bing rewards crew -

New quest thingy coming next week in some regions.

10,000 Points in 10 Days
For every Gamerscore point you get, you will earn 1 Microsoft Rewards point. Complete this quest between September 19-28 to earn up to 10,000 points. Check your Xbox for details

We’ll also get the Blair Witch movie if we do any of them.
Microsoft monies are on sale, 4150 pts for 5$.

Wow, if that’s true, we need to brush up on our easy achievement games. If only I had avatar the last airbender in my backlog. That would have been an easy 1000.

If anyone needs more Game Pass Ultimate days apparently you can get some cheap via rockstar drinks at Walmart

True Achievements has a guide for a bunch of easy 1000 games available on Game Pass. Doesn’t help me much though, I’ve played them all.

Some of that list is laughable. The first one on the list, for example. Gardens Between, finished in 1-2 hours? I’ve already played it for 4 hours and got unsolveably stuck. I guess you could finish in 1-2 hours if you look up all the solutions to the puzzles, but then what’s the point of playing that game.

Though that does give me the excuse to look up the particular puzzle I was stuck on and get back to the game. So that’s a positive.

Thomas was alone, I think I already played for 1-2 hours out of the 3-4 they claim it takes to earn all the achievements. And I think I only earned one achievement in that game, and at that point, the platforming was starting to get too hard and tedious (in other words, it’s one of those games where you have to try a long section, and if you fail, you have to repeat that whole section again, which means tedium of having to repeat that whole section, including all the parts that were easy).

Abzu was indeed easy, though I didn’t find all the achievements when I finished the game.

I’ll take the rest of that list under advisement. Thanks!

I originally played Walking Dead on PC, so I could still earn all those achievements. It was a long, long game though. I wonder if I can resist the temptation to make different choices this time. I don’t want to ruin the illusion that my choices matter, you know? That’s a key part in enjoying those games. If you go back through and make different choices, you might break that illusion.

Actually I recently picked up the final season of The Walking Dead on sale, I could probably get a pretty easy 1000 out of that. Kind of wanted to hold onto it for October as part of my spooky game fest I like to do every year.

The average playthrough length for that game on How Long To Beat is 2.5 hours. So not quite 1-2 hours, but also not too far off.

In my opinion, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is the standout game here.

Nice, wanted to try Bloodstained. I have Dirt Rally 2.0 but that is a major grab too for those that don’t. Lego Worlds is really fun if you have kids into Legos and want an actual building and creative game…not one where you run around whacking the environment to pick up bits.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is one of the best games of all time.

I haven’t heard of Jump Force or Lego Worlds. Or Bad North, really, except for the fact they added Bad North to Game Pass for PC recently.

I downloaded Lego Underground this weekend to get the Quest to play it for one achievement, and I got that achievement by completing Chapter 1. And it is indeed as good as you guys were saying. I never enjoyed a Lego game before, but this one is genuinely funny.

Nice, would love to demo that.

You can play Michonne if you haven’t. It’s not that spooky, around 4 hours, and 1000 gs. Surprisingy it wasn’t on that trueachievements list.

I’m just going to use the opportunity to revisit forgotten games & try new stuff. Sunset Overdrive needs to be played more :)

Leaving next week on gamepass:

• Lego Indy
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • Shantae Half Genie
  • Split Second
  • TheHunter

Does that mean you can’t play them any more even if you downloaded them, or just that you can’t download them any more?

You can’t play them anymore after next week. You’d have to buy them to do that. Your rental period on those games is coming to an end.

There are discounts for Game Pass users on games when they leave the program, though, if you decide you want to keep playing.