The XBOX One

The gamerscore quest thingy is up now. Limited list of games. Still a great offer though if anyone wants to play this stuff.

• Ashes Cricket
  • Bard’s Tale IV
  • Blair Witch
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Dead by Daylight: Special Edition
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Just Cause 4
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  • LEGO City Undercover
  • Metro Exodus
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
  • Minecraft
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2019
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Stellaris Console
  • Worms W.M.D
  • Yoku’s Island Express

There’s also a gold free weekend for Terra Tech, DBD (gamepass) & JC4 (gamepass)

I’ve been procrastinating on Yoku’s island express. I guess bing points are a good excuse to finally start it.

That’s a real FU, buddy from MS. The lowest TA scores are 2,003 for Yoku’s Island Express and 2,104 for Lego City Undercover (which took me 10 days to 1000/1000). The highest are 23,017 for Sea of Thieves and 20,120 for the Master Chief Collection. Most are over 5k.

In sum, that’s one grindy-assed list of games.

EDIT: even better, if you don’t get at least 500GS, you don’t get any rewards points.

Oh man. I don’t know if I want to bother then. Maybe play through the original Halo? How many points do you get just to play through the main campaign on Heroic? Awwww, never mind, looking at the achievements, that’s only about 130 Gamerscore. The rest are for doing all the levels within par time and over a certain par score, and getting special achievements like never picking up an overshield in the first pillars of Autumn level, no health on that level either. And never dying once in The Library. Ha! Nevermind. Halo: CE is a bad idea.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Maybe Blair Witch too.

I had fun browsing this guide to getting the achievements in the Master Chief Collection:

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/halo-the-master-chief-collection/guide/

Even back in the day when I used to play the Halo games with my friends, both single player and multiplayer, we would have had trouble getting all these achievements. Kind of crazy.

Still, I do need to play through these games again. I do wonder if I should do it on Legendary like I did originally, or take it easy and do it on Heroic this time.

New Inside Xbox tomorrow, apparently will have lots of xcloud information.

The xCloud “beta” is supposed to start next month, so makes sense. I’m actually shocked we haven’t heard way more already, considering how much Google have said about Stadia by comparison.

New GWG:

Also includes Tembo The Badass Elephant (which I liked) and Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor’s Edge.

Wow, a very interesting lineup. I don’t own any of those games.

Same here. I heard the Friday the 13th game was good.
Was that the “easy” Ninja Gaiden"?

Indie titles coming to Game Pass (soon-ish):

Nice, been close to buying Minit several times.

Talos Principle! Nice! I’ve been waiting on a sale for that forever, and passed it up a few times.

Why is Dead by Daylight listed there? I thought Dead by Daylight was already on Gamepass?

That mountain biking game looks great. It reminds of GTA San Andreas. That was my favorite part of GTA: SA.

They’re all hard.

Progress report? Anyone make substantial progress towards 10,000 points in that one quest? I know @divedivedive “finished” Yosha’s Island Express", or whatever it’s called, so I’m guessing he’s well on his way.

I was just trying to get to 500. So far I have 105 points. Lego City Undercover is great so far, but it’s a pretty sizeable long game. I don’t think I can reach 500 on that alone. I also played a fair bit of Shadow of War (Shadow of Mordor part 2) in order to get to the first achievement, but after over an hour in that game, I’m still nowhere close to getting my first achievement in that one. Same with Kingdom Come, I installed it, and played it for a while (about 20 minutes), but mostly only made it through opening cutscenes and stuff so far. No achievements there yet.

Edit: Hahahah, it turns out today’s the last day, so nevermind, there’s no way I’m going to get to 500 by tonight. I will try to get my first achievement in Shadows of War and Kingdom Come and Shadows of Mordor, if those are remotely possible.

Yeah I managed to get the full 1000 for Yoku, which I’m glad I did. That’s a fun little game. My ambition, which is a bit laughable realizing the whole thing ends today, was to try for another 1000 in the Blair Witch game. And I may do that anyway since it’s October, which means scary games! But yeah, grand total of 1 game for me this time.

I did those first achievements. War took 2 hours, KC 1 hour, Mordor 30 mins.

Ended up with 1100 in ~15 hours playing. More time than I’d have spent normally, but these games were a lot of fun. Most of it came from Blair Witch and a replay of Yoku. Blair Witch was way better than I thought it’d be.

New Game Pass games incoming:

From that link

Felix the Reaper – Day One Premiere

From Daedalic comes the quirky Felix the Reaper , a 3D shadow manipulation puzzle adventure game of dance, dying people, and dangerous love. Felix dances his way through this game with ease and moves that make you consider joining in. But don’t let his moves fool you; he’s still a killer.

Sounds weird. I’m intrigued.

I didn’t get very far in Dishonored 2 on the PC. I kept getting spotted, and was hard-headed about not killing anyone. Maybe on Xbox, I’ll try to just roll with whatever happens and get farther in the game.