The XBOX One

Cool. I loved Dishonored 1, and have been tempted by D2 a bunch. When Prey showed up on GP, I hoped that was a sign D2 would make it eventually- glad to see my patience pay off.

And PDO is amazing. Can’t wait to play it again without digging out my old disk!

I was pleased that PDO even displays in 16x9, it’s not stuck in the old 4x3 aspect ratio like a lot of original Xbox games.

Oh right, this is the good Panzer Dragoon game from the original Xbox, not the terrible one that was a launch title on Xbox One. Got it.

I didn’t know there was a Panzer Dragoon released for Xbox One. What was terrible about it?

You can see the mixed reception section here:

I played it at launch, I think they had a demo. I can’t remember what I didn’t like, but I disliked it so much I never wanted to see it sully my hard drive ever again.

Dishonored 2 actually has a demo. I played it and realized I just don’t have the same patience anymore like I used to.

Nice game for Game Pass though.

OMG! This times 100. Why is it that I just can’t get into games lately.

Take a look at the video Brakara linked upthread, it does indeed look interesting.

Did anyone else try launching Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 on gamepass?

I tried multiple times last night. Each time it displays the Xbox 360 logo, and then instead of loading a game, it just stays on that logo forever. I thought maybe it was my Xbox, but I tried Call of Duty Black Ops (360), and that loaded past the 360 logo and played just fine. Similarly, other Xbox One games played just fine. Then I went back to Metal Gear and again it got stuck on the 360 logo screen.

It works fine for me (just tried), but I think I bought it back in the day so it’s not the gamepass version. Then again, they shouldn’t really be different.

Whenever I’ve had issues loading BC games, a full shutdown and reboot has fixed it.

I can open both games on my Xbox, so it might be some weird caching problem on your end.

Thanks. I tried it again when I got home, and even without a reboot it’s working today. This time instead of launching straight into the 360 bootup sequence it showed the game pass splash page for Metal Gear first, where it says game pass in the bottom right corner.

I’ve been spending too much time with Stellaris on gamepass. They did a great job with xbox controls.

Looking forward to Panzer Dragoon. Been tempted to buy that whenever it goes on sale

Bing rewards - Americans have a new cosmic quest thingy with a free month of gp ultimate. Rumors say the 10k gamerscore thing will be back this month, with a much better game selection. Some people actually managed to do the full 10k last time. It didn’t seem possible to me even if someone played all week. There’s also a punch card for buying the Microsoft games on sale.

Heh, yeah, except all those games I already own or already are on game pass. I was looking for a Forza Horizon 4 “expansion pass” of some kind, figuring that would be a good one to get, but looks like they don’t sell that. I think each of the two big expansions were $18 each, which is still a bit pricey.

I’m just posting this video because I thought it was funny. Looks like Avatar has been overtaken as the easiest 1,000 Gamerscore out there.

Interesting. While I do like achievements, gamerscore for its own sake leaves me a bit cold. I guess I think of GS as an artifact of my enjoyment rather than a meta-goal to be maximized. I have no idea how those guys with GS in the millions have a life and feed that beast.

Yeah, that basically sums up my approach. I kind of think of achievements as a scrapbook of my playthrough, in a way. If I’m enjoying a game I’ll go for the achievements, but I’ve yet to play a game solely for achievements and/or Gamerscore. And god willin’ and the creek don’t rise, I never will.

Same here. Early on in the 360’s life I did get games solely so that I could earn achievements on them “one day”. And what ended up happening is that they just stayed on the shelf forever. I don’t even have time to play all the ones I want to play, let alone ones I’d be playing just for achievements. So I never bought any based on that criterion again.

No Avatar or Terminator gamerscore here, but I have an embarrassing milestone on one of those achievement tracking sites. It’s from Barbie Puppy Rescue.

Leaving the pass soon:

Halo Wars (?)
Darksiders 2
Doom
Escapists
Grip
Thieves of Thieves

Or not -

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1184512210443354115?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1184512210443354115&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.trueachievements.com%2Fn39291%2Fxbox-game-pass-leaving-october