The XBOX One

I feel like we had a thread on this offer already, and we did the math and that wasn’t that great a deal over just purchasing an XB1X yourself and paying for Game Pass yourself. But I think back then Game Pass was different, it was cheaper because it didn’t include Game Pass for PC and Live Gold as part of the package maybe. Maybe we need to re-run the math.

So I did. Surprisingly, the All-Digital comes out to be the best deal… but this only factors in the cost of the base systems. The prices I pulled were MSRP and from Gamestop.com with their current bundles. Which is another factor that isn’t taken into account - anything included with the console on top of the base offering.

The only way this ends up being a good deal is if you’re buying everything at unbundled, retail prices - and with all the deals and free months of Game Pass Ultimate they’ve been throwing around you shouldn’t be. Of course, this offering isn’t really aimed at providing the best overall value and I appreciate them trying something new.

Kinda weak, in my opinion, since the Devil’s Daughter was on Game Pass and The Final Station was a mixpot giveaway. Still, I like seeing original Xbox games pop up on occasion.

Yeah, that’s the weakest month I can ever remember.

I remember renting Jedi Starfighter when it came out, for PS2 I believe. It wasn’t very good, at least the first couple of missions. I returned it the same night.

GwG loves its racing games.

Was that Sherlock Holmes game any good? Never even heard of it. I think I have an older Sherlock game that was also free a while back.

From the summary on Metacritic: “Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter, the eighth game in the series,” - holy crap, there have been 8 of these games? I have only heard of one or two.

I really like the Sherlock Holmes games, I’ve been playing Frogware’s stuff from way back when the games were much more ‘traditional’ point and click affairs. They’ve action-ed the games up a bit, there are the occasional QTE and stealth segments, but there are also some pretty cracking puzzles in there too. The games are broken into episodes, each with its own central mystery, and you have to piece together all the characters and clues into a narrative to solve that mystery. I think it’s a lot of fun and definitely worth playing if you’re getting it from Gold.

I have Crimes & Punishment - any reason to skip that and play this one first?

I don’t think so. They’re very similar games.

Joyride Turbo was also a freebie at some point… it’s cool though. I had fun with it for awhile when I was doing the exercise bike gaming. Nothing special, just a solid karting game.

Now that they’re trying to move everyone over to Game Pass Ultimate, there isn’t much incentive to continue the great value on Games With Gold. Sony did similar when they started requiring PS Plus for online and also became the market leader. The PS+ game lineup was fabulous when they were behind in the PS3 era, and has been middling (with some bright spots) since.

This one went under the radar, but it was made available a couple of days ago:

Oooh. That I want to try. Thanks for the heads up.

A brand new CCG game released on Gamepass. Guessing it has tons of micro transactions.

It’s not a CCG, and there’s no DLC. There are campaigns which you can play in co-op with a friend, but this is not a Hearthstone clone. If it was, it wouldn’t be on Game Pass since those are free anyway.

On Steam, it has an expansion (a new campaign) which I guess will come to Xbox eventually:

It’s the new “Stunning Visuals”

Install with the power of the internet!

Don’t forget the exclamation point at the end, either!!!

They made a 90s ad parody. Note the McGamePass at the bottom.

Subnautica seems to be available now even though there’s no announcement.

It’s been available since last week, I think?

I’m waiting though, just in case there’s a Game Pass quest for getting achievements for it next month. I always make it hard on myself by getting the easy achievements first before those quests go live.

It wasn’t available when I noticed the LOTR card game above, and there’s no notification on the game pass twitter about it.

Don’t forget X019 is this week, Thursday to be specific. Going to be some game reveals, plus Game Pass and xCloud news so hopefully this one will be pretty good.