The XBOX One

Is the surprise that they fired Larry Hryb and replaced him with Melissa?

Yes, that’s the mystery. On the ball as always, kerzain.

what was the last month surprise with the really really really really great news coming? FF XV ? I didn’t notice anything

I think last month’s surprise was that there’s a big February surprise due.

I am perpetually surprised that people continue to give a shit about Final Fantasy games.

Oh yeah. This is the tweet in question. That’s a lot of really. Funny thing is, I do remember thinking multiple times that February was a really good month for Game Pass, but I can’t remember why right now.

Let me go look it up.

So far it’s been Wasteland Remastered, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Final Fantasy XV, Bleeding Edge Beta and Death Squared.

That accounts for all the “really” labels except one right? So there’s another one coming? Or maybe the upside down really at the end is the other cube from Death Squared.

Meanwhile, on PC in February they added: Wasteland Remastered, Wolfenstein: youngblood, ScourgeBringer (Game Preview), Final Fantasy XV, Bleeding Edge Beta and Death’s Gambit.

Edit: I mean, it does look like a great month to me. Youngblood and FF XV are the perfect rolemodels for games I wouldn’t want to buy unless I tried them first and really liked them. Same with Wasteland Remastered actually, since I’d be afraid it would be too old a game to enjoy now.

Sorry for all the edits dive^3. Didn’t mean to spam notifications at you.

I still expect Control to be one of the games added to GP in the latter half of February, which is what I suspect that tweet was referring to.

No Control today.

Heh.

Let’s see, from the picture, I see:

Console:
Yakuza 0
Kingdom Hearts something - can anyone tell which Kingdom Hearts this is? 3?
Ninja Gaiden II
Wasteland Remastered (I thought this already came out in February? Must have been a pre-load)
Two point Hospital
JackBox Party Pack 3

PC:
Yakuza 0
Wasteland Remastered
Reigns: Game of Thrones (what is this? Anyone heard of it?)
Two point hospital
Indivisible

KH 3. I guess I have to play the first ones now.

GoT is originally a mobile game, plays like tinder.

Well, the early Kingdom Hearts coming out today (on Xbox) do have an impressive number of achievements. I was reading this morning they have 197 achievements worth 4000 points in that game collection.

I already played through the first one though. Not doing that again. And I tried playing through the second one but lost interest half-way through it. The combat got too hard.

One piece of advice if you’re going to play the series on Hard like I did: when you start the game, pick the shield. I picked it on accident the first time through that game, and it turned out to be perfect. Next time I tried playing through the game, I picked something else and it was a nightmare. Way too hard.

No one needs to play Kingdom Hearts, like, ever.

Oh neat. I just started Indivisible on Steam last week after buying it last November, and it’s coming to Game Pass Ultimate already. Shrug. I’m still happy I bought it.

Don’t feel too bad - I played it on XB1 via Game Pass, while the Switch version I got from backing the crowdfund hasn’t even come out yet.

What didn’t you enjoy about it? How far did you get? Just curious.

Possibility 1: The story. It starts off really convoluted, but gets comprehensible once Donald and Goofy join your squad.
Possibility 2: The gameplay. I only played it through on hard, and found it really fun but tough. But I heard from others that it isn’t as fun on normal since it doesn’t push back much and it all feels pretty routine.

Just in case anyone missed out on picking it up before it was delisted.

“90s Sega Genesis title” never gets my heart pumping.

You must have missed out on some pretty great games then.

I was a PC snob back then, playing my Civilization and my Wing Commander and my Star Control.

Well, nobody’s perfect.