The XBOX One

This is a delightful game, I played it on PC when it was free with Twitch Prime (iirc?). But I was really hoping to see Control, especially after I saw it was on PSNow this month.

I thought I read someone’s leaked agreement with Xbox that if they put their game on Game Pass then it couldn’t be part of another subscription at the same time. Maybe I misinterpreted that, but I’m guessing that Control will likely be coming but probably not until after it’s left Sony’s deal.

I wouldn’t doubt that but I think the actual news article was about the contract for Apple Arcade.

This was the quote

So Apple Arcade was the example he gave, but his particular Game Pass agreement was to be exclusive as a subscription service for 6 months. And we know Control just went on PS Now for exactly 6 months, until Aug 31st. So maybe they have a similar deal. I’m betting @divedivedive is right.

Oh then I guess I"m just mixed up.

This would fit in with a game like Shadow of the Tomb Raider recently leaving Gamepass and now just popping up on PS Now.

I noticed Dandara is on sale this week and thought it looked cool, and I nearly bought it. But then I had a little twinge in the back of my head, wait a minute - and yeah, I own a copy of this on Twitch. And Steam. All these game libraries get confusing.

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Dec 2019 - March 2020. RIP.

My Elite controller, which I had trained myself to use the back paddles for in all games, died last night. It started as a small amount of stick drift on Friday night. Every so often, the left stick wouldn’t re-center and floated up slowly. That turned into the left stick occasionally losing the forward push. Like i’d be sprinting in Apex and my character would start walking, like I eased up on the stick. Come Sunday night, I can’t walk forward at all with this controller because the left stick barely registers Up anymore.

I tried to file a warranty claim Friday night with Microsoft. Their website was throwing errors. I forgot about it Saturday because I was with my kids, and we were out in the woods because it was a nice day (social distancing!) Last night I sat down to play Sea of Thieves with the boys and the controller stick was totally dead. Tried their website again, still busted. I checked my receipt, and I’m like a couple days out of the 90 day warranty.

I’m going to try calling them anyway. It’s absolutely absurd that a $180 controller dies in 3 months from casual use. I still have the Day One Edition controller that works perfectly. In fact, I busted that out last night to play because my Elite was broken! I don’t know how I played FPSs before I could jump and slide with the back paddles. I’m a trash player now.

Sorry to hear. :( Hopefully you’ll get the warranty sorted out. I’m usually never lucky enough to have hardware fail inside the warranty period. It usually lasts 3 days over the warranty period, not 3 days less.

Their warranty page is functioning again. Looks like they extended the warranty on the Elite 2 controllers by 2 months, so I was able to put in a service order.

3 week turnaround (maybe?). Looks like I’ll be trash for a bit.

Glad it’s still under warranty after all.

That’s where EU law comes in handy. You get 2 years warranty on electronics. I’ve replaced a PS4 that was 20 months old without quibbles, same for a one year old One X. Controllers, headsets, chargers, … It’s nice not to have to worry about those things.

I thought about the Series 2 again on Friday when I noticed in Ori that my original Elite controller didn’t always register my A button press. That was until I googled it and found out the new controller has the same problem.

It wasn’t actually a major issue. Once I stopped experimenting with edge cases and started playing the game, I never noticed it again.

One of my Elite v1’s shoulder buttons is no longer flush but janky and loose.

Oh mine too. Common problem. I bought the cheap plastic replacement but I was too lazy to fix it. I played all of Ori 2 with it semi-broken.

It isn’t hard to replace the shoulder buttons on the Elite 1. The kits are about $10 on Amazon and there are some good Youtube tutorials. I’ve done it twice now for two different controllers.

Same. If only replacement grips were as affordable.

I got another update last night that wouldn’t finish. After rebooting a few times today, it finally gave me the option to reset the Xbox, which I did. I’m getting used to that process now. I had all my programs and passwords on various apps entered in record time this time!

I really hope this Xbox can last another year at least.

Yesterday I had to reset the Xbox yet again.

The bright side in all this is that my wife is starting to get used to using the Apple TV device instead of the Xbox.

For those that don’t plan on being an early Next Gen adopter Dell is selling factory refurbished One Xs for $230.

I just started a new game of Ghost Recon:. Wildlands. Not even to the first boss yet. Happy to have help! I’m ELGUAPODC on Live if you wanna add me/join.