The XBOX One

From the horse’s mouth…

If you sign in to PSN on a friend’s PlayStation system, you can pick up from the last save on your online storage. Don’t forget to manually upload your saves as they won’t upload automatically from your friend’s PlayStation system.

I already own half of them, and I have never heard of Coffee Talk, but the Shantae games are fun.

I have Sine Mora on the Switch. It’s not my favorite shootemup.

That’s the first really terrible month.

Coffee Talk is actually pretty nice and worth playing.

Hmmm, okay, in that case, scratch that. I’m glad this won’t be the first really terrible month.

Another Shantae game already?

Not that I mind, I liked the one I played on the 3DS, just that we just got one in GwG recently.

I am underwhelmed. Already tried the Shantae game when it was on XGP, it was lo-res, controlled poorly, and the mechanics were overly complicated. I suspect it was a port.

Meanwhile, Sony is adding CoD WWII today. Perhaps to make up for their own underwhelming combo of Farming Sim 19 and Cities Skylines for May.

Which is not a very good game. I’m one of those who actually looked forward to it with the “boots on the ground” slogan (hate the future CoDs), and that it was made by Sledgehammer. But the single player campaign is all over the place, trying to be serious while also in some cases being more ridiculous than something like MW3, which makes it hard to remember that it’s actually a WWII game.

And in the mp you get loot boxes dropped on the beaches of Normandy. I mean, seriously? Fuck that game.

Yeah, CoD WWII thread on Qt3 was very convincing to me that I shouldn’t waste my time playing that game.

Yeah, that is surprising. I’m playing some PS4 exclusives right now (Uncharted 4 Lost Legacy and The Last of Us DLC) but otherwise I’ve migrated to the Xbox One X - it’s an amazing machine - by far my favorite console ever, on a technical level, but PS4 crushes it in exclusives. Gamepass is amazing though, and 4k blu-ray plus great apps for streaming services, along with a much better experience playing games available on all platforms, like Red Dead Redemption 2 (presumably PC better, but I’m really happy with how it looks on Xbox One X)

It’s just sold out currently because they marked it down to $299.99.

The quarantine sent a ton of people to the stores to buy/upgrade game consoles. The Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch, and PS4 Pro are all sold out everywhere I look online. Was looking for a Switch for my girlfriend for a month and still only the Lite is available; ended up buying her a used one from a Qt3 friend.

Just a lot of people gaming in the pandemic…

Apparently, they stopped production of the regular Xbox One X for a while. People noticed that the regular editions were listed as discontinued on Amazon in December 2018.

The only Xbox One Xs they’ve been making since then are the bundled special edition versions, like the Cyberpunk bundle. And Microsoft has said the Cyberpunk edition will be the last production run of the console.

The regular Xbox One and the S are disasters, imo. Xbox one x is the best console yet.

This is crazy hyperbole. I had a first-Gen Xbox for years, and aside from loading times, I had zero complaints. I did upgrade to an X last fall- a friend sold me his for cheap, and since I’d upgraded to an HDR 4k set, I figured ‘why not’?

I’ll say it again, for those PC players that don’t get it. Most nitpicks you have about consoles- resolution, framerate, etc.- mostly don’t matter to console players. Sure, they’ll take that stuff if it’s offered, and look forward to a new huge upgrade every 5-6+ years. But the trade off is ease of use, simplicity, no drivers or hardware conflicts, etc. I’d think the popularity of Nintendo consoles that are never anywhere near cutting edge when released would make y’all realize that, but whatever. Most people can’t tell the difference between 900p and 1080p, and don’t go looking for it (or whatever your problem with the first gen/S is).

Yeah, it was massively underpowered, resulting in terrible viewing distances, resolution, textures, FPS - all things that matter to games beyond convenience . I doubt anyone who had the chance to try the “xbox one x-enhanced” versions of titles like Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 would disagree - they are radically improved.

I still own an original Xbox One and the performance for some games is just garbage. Like clear framerate hitching when panning the camera in Monster Hunter World. Games look bad and they run bad.

I agree the Xbox One and One S were garbage. The X on the other hand is awesome.

It would be a disaster if there WASN’T a radical improvement given the years of hardware advancement and the price difference. The stuff I’ve played on the S has been fine. Nowhere near the visual fidelity of playing those games on my PC, but still enjoyable.

Still going to swap it if I can ever find an X in stock, but if the X didn’t exist I’d be satisfied with the purchase and consider it an improvement on its main competition, the PS4 it replaced in my entertainment center.