The XBOX One

We’ve got the announcement for January’s GwG coming:

New Games with Gold for January 2021 - Xbox Wire

If you don’t like clicking stuff, the games are:

Little Nightmares from Jan 1-31
Dead Rising from Jan 16-Feb 15
King of Fighters XIII from Jan 1-15
Breakdown from Jan 16-31

Not too bad, at least I don’t own any of them. I had Dead Rising for the 360, but since that was never made BC I guess this will do. I always like seeing original Xbox games on the list too, and have heard good things about Little Nightmares.

That video in the link you provided is the first time I’ve seen footage of Little Nightmares. That looks really cool.

I didn’t know they had remastered Dead Rising.

Watching that footage of Breakdown brought back recollections of having seen that footage before, but I forgot all about the game back then.

Nice! I always wanted to try out Breakdown, and no longer needing the disc for the DR remaster is also a plus.

Cool. I wanted to try the first Dead Rising sometime. Surprisingly never came across that used at an impulse buy price. Never heard of Breakdown until now.

Just sold my last Xbox One for more than I paid brand-new in 2016. Weird. Made sure everyone knew it wasn’t the “Series”. You guys won’t be seeing me online for a bit until my home sells. I shouldn’t have had my pre-orders sent to the new place across the country.

Make sure to claim them for your account if you are xbox-less for a while.

For real? That sounds awesome. I’d rather have the old teams, but still, NHL 94!

I installed the game, looked for the Whalers, got upset.

Neat game though.

It is truly impressive going back to the Xbox One after the Series X. I mean, it takes the Xbox Rewards app about 30 seconds to load. The fucking Rewards app!

I FTFY

It was inevitable but I’m still sad to see it happen. The OneGuide’s actual guide is gone. No more tv schedule information. I went into settings and the option to update the guide and all those options are completely gone from settings now.

One of my favorite aspects of the Xbox One is now on life support. I should do what @divedivedive did and maybe trade in my Xbox One now while I can still get something for it. Before they completely gut the machine.

They should have hired you to evangelize it, @Rock8man.

I think my launch Xbox One died? I’m not sure. Recently I got a new router from Google Fiber, and I didn’t have any more sockets for it, and had to unplug one more existing socket because their plug was so big it required room for two sockets, so I unplugged what i thought was the Xbox 360.

And now, a couple of weeks later, I tried to switch on the Xbox One and I get nothing. Did it stop working? Did I somehow unplug it? It’s such a bad mess of wires back behind the TV, I can’t make heads or tails of it. Nothing looks unplugged that I can find, not even the 360. So maybe the Xbox One really has died?

I suppose I need to sit down back there and untangle some wires one of these days.

I had the (external) power brick for my Xbox One go kaput about halfway through the generation, so it’s entirely possible that your Xbox One is fine but needs a new power brick.

We had one go bad too a while back, it was around 20 or 25 to get an aftermarket brick off amazon.

How do you know if it’s the brick? Just try a different brick and see if it works?

pretty much, yeah. all of my boys had one so it was an easy check.

But amazon returns are pretty easy, so might be worth investigating if it won’t turn on at all. might also check to see if you can boot it into recovery mode. not sure if that is a potential fix for a non-responsive xb1, but i ended up doing a factory rese w/ a usb stick on one of the xb1s in my house. can’t remember if it was non-responsive or would light up and not boot, though, been a long while.

That happened to me, too.

I was moving last year and got rid of a bunch of stuff. Took the Xbox One to Gamestop to get a few bucks for it last minute since I was going to give it to someone but they never showed up to pick it up on my last day of moving.

It had been boxed up just a few months prior and was working just fine. I take it to Gamestop and no power. They switched out the power supply and it worked. But they couldn’t (or wouldn’t?) buy it from me without a charger.

The charger they were selling (not even an official MS one) was more than twice what they were offering for the Xbox! (Ended up just giving it to a neighbor).