The XBOX One

I would go with “Xbox Lost”.

If they can do it they will. They now have to hit the 399 target in some form or fashion.

Xbox Hubris Edition.

And they very well may be right about that…

Xbox One won’t even function without a Kinect plugged in.

Oohh, thank you for that. I’m saving up to build a new PC early next year, and that’s very encouraging. :) /derail

It’s amazing how Sony and Microsoft have changed places. I guess having one or two successful consoles makes it impossible to not become so arrogant that you totally suck.

And Microsoft wants $299 for the new 250gb redesigned 360, 8 years after the launch of the original! That’s only $100 less than a PS4!

The PS3 made a pretty good comeback last generation. Maybe Microsoft can do the same with the One. They’ll have to write off the first couple of years until they can release a cheaper redesign. Mattrick will have to resign to take the blame. They can also hope really hard that the PS4 red rings.

Xbox Done.

Angry posters on the internet seem to have settled on “the XBone”. When it comes to insulting nicknames for hardware, I prefer The Commode 64, as the Commodore 64 was known to its detractors.

XBone is suppose to be an insult? I was confused at first why they were calling it an X Bone but it’s just the shorten form of X Box one. Can’t call it the Xbox or Xbox1 as that will be confused with the original and people are lazy and will always shorten things down so XBone it is.

Ahem, “Trash 80”.

Yes I know, you’re drunk.

Not sure if this was already posted, but this was news to me:

This sounds great. Why the hell was this buried away on the web site and not mentioned at all in their keynote?

Xboned

XB None.

Xbone, as in “we’re boned”.

As I wrote elsewhere, how did this ever come to happen for Xbox? I mean, if they were NOT pressured by publishers to make these DRM schemes, why would they ever, ever, EVER think it would go over well? Did Sony play them and let slip that they had the same DRM schemes? Its insane!

Well we can observe that EA only showed games at the MS show. I think it’s pretty obvious who was pushing the hardest.

• My guess is that they see the potential profits of used game sales and other DRM required services going into their coffers outweighing the lost sales to an undefined demographic of gamers. It’s possible that they aren’t concerned very much with this demographic at all, when looking at their latest projects, Games for windows live, Windows 8, Xbone.

Consoles are starting to fit into different niches this generation more so than i can recall ever before, and I can’t help but think that MSFT is really shooting for the “central living room device thingy” while Sony is sticking its focus to gaming. I have trouble believing that these teams of well paid people at MSFT are so completely out of touch and ignorant as to be oblivious.

Sony played a shrew medieval Samurai game…