They should`ve never been born!

Demi Moore.

Striptease was dreadful, I’d get rid of her for that alone. Losing G.I. Jane is a bonus.

But then what happens to St Elmo’s Fire!!! <jk>

I have to give my vote to madonna - no redeeming qualities at all…

On the men’s side how bout Ashton Kutcher?

Hold the phone! If we are simply talking about movies, maybe. He is priceless on That 70’s show.

I think Nicolas Cage has one mode as well in his dramatic roles. I thought he sucked in 9MM, that damn Angel movie, didn’t see the fiddle playing army movie…the list goes on until the Coen brothers’ flick. Raising Arizona is the sticking point for me. Con Air would have been better without him, although, I liked it. He simply mopes through every serious role he takes on.

Wild at Heart
Leaving Las Vegas
Vampire’s Kiss
Peggy Sue Got Married

MEH…average films I could easily have done without.

Leaving Las Vegas was the obvious, “critically acclaimed” one I left out because I despised it for entirely different reasons. I like a depressing, no hope flick as much as the next guy, but just as you hit bottom with that one it got worse and once it got worse, someone got raped. Maybe now that I am more cynical and depressed, it would be a feel good summer movie for me, but I do not want to chance putting myself through that agony again.

So, Tyler, by sweeping Nick Cage from the face of the earth, you’re willing to do away with Adaptation? Say it isn’t so.

-Tom

Unseen by Ty’s eyes, unfortunately. Frankly, I have stayed away due to his presence in the film. If it is as good as advertised and added with R.A., I guess I will strike the above comments. I will stand by the statement that he is incredibly overrated. I guess they all are. In a comparison with my female nominee (Ms. McDowell), OTOH, he is a master thespian.

I would second Costner–is there any other possible answer to this question??The only movie I’d miss even a little is ‘Bull Durham’.I’ll sacrifice that for the greater good of vaporizing '‘For Love of the Game’,et al.

Wow. Everyone has the right to their opinion, but I can’t agree with that. I’d have to add:

Jaws (yeah, the fake shark hasn’t aged well, but still a fantastic movie)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Color Purple
Schindler’s List
Saving Private Ryan

Sure he’s done some stinkers, too (cough, cough… Hook), but he’s also done some of my favorite films of all time.[/quote]

Empire of the Sun is great as well. Also wouldn’t want to lose Band of Brothers.

[quote]He was much a much better host than Stewart

All right, I must have stumbled into some sort of reversed Bizarro universe, because I can’t agree with that, either. The Daily Show was good even with Kilborn, but not because of him (they have always had some great supporting comics). It’s much better with Jon Stewart.[/quote]

Yeah, the corospondants were what made the show back then. Kilborn was funny, But I couldn’t help harboring some contempt for him, as he comes off like a complete ass-hole. The Daily Show did get better with Jon Stewart. That was a great relief too, I was terrified it would tank after Kilborn left.

Now, guys, don’t be too hard on Jason. He can’t help it. Hell, he is from Alabama. And I’m not just throwing this accusation around lightly, we have eye-witnesses. I’m sure Tyjenks will take the stand on this, won’t you, Ty?

And I’m all for ridding the world of Kevin Bacon. Not because I especially dislike Kevin Bacon, but because it would ensure the complete and utter downfall of Hollywood. You remove Kevin Bacon, you remove almost everything.

Ho ho, I triumph again!

I liked Cecil B. Demented.

I can’t pick just one. If I had my way, I’d carpetbomb Hollywood and send the whole stinking industry and everyone in it to hell where they belong. But…

Since I must choose, in addition to the obvious Gere/Baldwin/Costner (drama) and Carey/Sandler (comedy) nominations, I’d like to add my own personal vote for Martin Short.

Mudpuppy, you’re a very bad, bad man. You do not have permission to erase from history “Merlin” or verily shall I smite thee down!

Ack! Say it ain’t so, volt! Here I thought MS would be the safest of votes, and it turns out there’s actually an intelligent person in the world that likes him…

<mudpuppy slinks off to slit his wrists>

You’ve picked the wrong Martin. The correct Martin to smite is Martin Lawrence. While this means you lose “Do the Right Thing,” I think that’s acceptable losses and fair payment for being able to get rid of “Boomerang,” “What’s the Worst that Could Happen,” “Black Knight,” and “National Security.”

Eeek! If you must do this, don’t do it before Bad Boys 2 comes out. I want to see that at least once. Although we’d also be losing “Life” and “House Party” which kinda sucks.

Why? Did you lose a bet?

Yeah, I mean, technically you could include Tom Chick in that category.

I’d like to add my own personal vote for Martin Short.

And lose the funniest movie of all time, “Clifford”? No way! That recorder scene just slays me.