This forum need a Parks and Recreation thread

“I was adopted?”

Another great P&R last night. I really hope the ratings on this show pick up. I really don’t want it to get canceled now. I wouldn’t have cared last season, but this season has been such a big improvement.

This was the first one I’ve watched in a while, with the rest sitting on the DVR. I was very impressed.

Now you have something to do this weekend.

I love how Aziz’ character spent the whole day collecting all the money, and you thought he was just going to keep it, but then he quietly put it in the donation slot at the end of the show.

I was also surprised to see hundred dollar bills in there. The whole time I thought he was doing those menial tasks for little money, but wow, if they were handing out hundred dollar bills every time, I’d have been seeing to their every need too.

I’m shocked by how good this season has been so far. They’ve managed to make the characters more sympathetic and make the humor sharper. That’s no small feat.

Another hilarious episode last night. The opening scene cracked me up so much, with the credit card company calling Leslie to confirm her purchases.

Unfortunately, this show is still getting horrible ratings, including last night.

NBC has given this a full season pickup! Woohoo! (Community too, but I haven’t seen that yet).

NBC Kaboomed it! Hooray! I hope we see a lot more of the city lawyer. I love that H Jon Benjamin.

But you should totally watch Community. It is genius.

This week’s episode was so hilarious. All focused on the mural contest. They’re also doing a great job in making it obvious that Leslie’s character is not stupid. The show has hit the perfect stride right now.

Tom: How come Sanitation gets all the hottest interns? (Aw damn it, that’s a poor paraphrasing. What he actually said was much funnier).

Ron getting the shoe shines was killing me. Such a great show.

Tom and the shapes was the best part. “A piece of art caused me to have an emotional reaction. Is that normal???” And then him tweaking and buying more painting at the end… So funny.

Aubrey Plaza and a Twilight: New Moon spoof.

Yeah, I loved when he picked up one piece with a circle and line through it and said… “This one’s racist.”

I’ve grown to like Parks and Recreation a lot. It’s at its best when it isn’t just trying to copy The Office. The Office can make me so uncomfortable sometimes that I actually skip ahead on Hulu, but none the shenanigans on Parks even comes close.

That was pretty funny. What’s with that shirt anyway? I saw that recently on some other show too.

Somehow, it has become a huge seller on the internet and now it is kind of an internet joke about the type of person that would wear such a shirt…or something like that.

You sort of got the order of events switched, but yeah, that’s accurate.

Yeah, I did not figure I had the specifics. From the Wiki:

The Three Wolf Moon T-shirt gained popularity after attracting facetious reviews on Amazon.com attributing great power to it such as being irresistible to women, striking fear into other males and magical healing abilities.

The distinctive early review by “Bee-Dot-Govern” in November 2008 concludes:

Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the ‘guns’), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark.

Since this original review was posted, more than 1500 similar reviews have been posted