This forum need a Parks and Recreation thread

The hunting trip episode was pretty funny. It’s interesting that the three best things about this show have turned out to be:

Ron
April
Tom

In that order. For some reason I really loved the spit take scene between April and Andy. And Ron is awesome in every scene he’s in.

I am developing a Rashida Jones level crush on Aubrey Plaza.

I would develop a crush but I was shot in the head!

I chuckle every time I see the claymore mine and the mounted shotgun on Ron’s desk. The guy just wants to sit at his desk and be left alone. Surprising good show with some interesting characters. The pilot was kinda shit, but things have really picked up.

Goodness gracious I love this show so much. It’s come a long way from being written off as an Office clone. I hope people start watching it.

I will echo the sentiment that the mighty triumvirate of Tom/April/Ron makes this show.

I loved Aubrey Plaza when I saw her in Funny People. She takes the deadpan delivery that’s en vogue these days with shows like Flight of the Conchords, and amazingly takes it one step further. Best use of flattened affect ever.

The spit-take game actually looks like a fun thing to do. I’m going to try that next time.

And I really like Aziz’s character too. Surprisingly fleshed out. That pained look he had during the halloween episode when his wife talks about how enough time has passed? Oof.

“I passed up a gay Halloween party to be here. You know how much fun gay Halloweens are?”

So I just listened to Aziz Ansari’s comedy CD “Intimate Moments for a Sensual Evening” I laughed out loud multiple times. A little coarse (to say the least), but awfully funny. YMMV.

Picked up for 3rd Season. Woohoo!! This show is seriously funny. Community has continued to get funnier. Hooray for NBC sitcoms!!!

Awesome! I still haven’t gotten around to Community yet, but it’s still collecting on my DVR. I recently caught up on Parks and Recreation though. Such a great show. In that episode where Leslie goes up to the fourth floor of the government building: so many great touches there. I loved the guy who was selling urine.

“You want some clean urine?” (Opens up his jacket to show her the jars as she backs away)
“You clean? I buy too!”

Oh, I found out why Louis CK was only on for a short time – He’s getting his own series on FX.

Saw that last night during Damages. And its Louis with kids. SOme of his more recent bits I have seen on Youtube as “The Family Man” are hilarious.

“For a gay couple, you sure are gay.”

Definitely. I could live without the whole “Raaaaaaaandy” bit at the end, but the rest of it was pretty good.

There was plenty that I felt guilty for finding so hilarious. On P&R, he basically, plays a PG-13 version of stand-up comic Aziz.

DJ Roomba.

Is it my imagination or is there less Rashida Jones lately. Aubrey Plaza continues to get cuter, however, so I am surviving.

Aubrey Plaza’s knowing looks at the camera are just for me and none of you can convince me otherwise.

Rashida Jones has definitely been M.I.A.

Rashida has been making movies!

This week’s episode was a great example of how much I like this show. They mix the craziness of the office with a good dose of somewhat realistic story.

IMDB says this season’s continuing til a 25th episode. That can’t be right. How long?

Ron Swanson is pretty easily my favorite character on TV right now. He reminds me a ton of my dad from his politics to his sense of humor, although with significantly better saxophone chops.